Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I don't see how the PAC can survive as a P5 conference.

According to Dennis Dodd, when the Big 12's new contract kicks in, the all-in payout per institution should be approximately $50 million.

If it's apparent the PAC's new deal will struggle to hit $30 million per school, how on earth will Colorado and Arizona not leave? The financial gap is just too huge.
Prime Time won’t let the Buffs pass on 20 million. That’s money for facilities and coaches, and it frees up donor money to instead be directed to NIL.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You’re acting like he’s wrong. Where has he been wrong about realignment?

He’s basically Arizonas @ChrisMWilliams, is there something you want to tell Chris?
He’s not wrong - he’s just another baseless speculator.

Time may prove him right, but at this moment in time he hasn’t been right (or wrong) about anything. There’s no objective reason to say he’s any more (or less) credible than say Wilner.

• Disagree
Reactions: tzjung and alarson

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Time may prove him right, but at this moment in time he hasn’t been right (or wrong) about anything. There’s no objective reason to say he’s any more (or less) credible than say Wilner.
Wilner who kept saying the PAC is worth more and has several times said expect a new deal soon?

Yeah OK.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
So you’re proving my point. Nothing he’s said about realignment can be assigned right or wrong
Which actually makes him “right” because he’s one of the only honest ones not throwing **** at the wall and making stupid claims like Stu Mandel and others who consistently put crap out and has had to walk back everything. Sometimes it’s as simple as, “Depending on what happens with a media deal, that will decide a school’s decision.”

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa

I think what people are saying is Scheer doesn’t appear to have an agenda either way. He’s not vocally against staying in the PAC 12 but is vocally against the crazy stuff some of the media says pro PAC 12. He’s appeared level headed in pretty much everything he’s commented on regarding realignment. He’s never really broken much news though, which I get is the point you’re making.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Google Oregon AAU status in jeopardy and you will see some chatter on it. Here is an example: https://www.oregonlive.com/education/2014/06/oregon_state_more_deserving_th.html

ISU was inefficiently allocating too many resources to energy/ag research just to maintain AAU status while AAU was putting significantly less emphasis on it. The cost was outweighing the benefit given those limited resources. And when ISU was given a final "no" on B10 membership in early 2022, it was time to withdraw.
That is literally from almost 10 years ago...and no one has kicked them out yet.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think what people are saying is Scheer doesn’t appear to have an agenda either way. He’s not vocally against staying in the PAC 12 but is vocally against the crazy stuff some of the media says pro PAC 12. He’s appeared level headed in pretty much everything he’s commented on regarding realignment. He’s never really broken much news though, which I get is the point you’re making.
I’ve followed Scheer for a few months now. He’s had plenty of posts in the past showing he definitely wants Arizona to move to the Big 12.

Reactions: State2015

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
I’m taking Scheer’s comments to the bank because he’s consistently been among the most level headed people covering realignment. He hasn’t made many bold stances because he doesn’t make stuff up or blow things out of proportion for clicks.

He’s been really consistent in his read on the situation no matter where the rumors zig zag. So if he’s willing to put it out there, I trust it.

Maybe I’m naive. Guess we’ll all find out soon enough.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I agree with your point about him being level
headed and rational. That’s very different than being right.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I’m taking Scheer’s comments to the bank because he’s consistently been among the most level headed people covering realignment. He hasn’t made many bold stances because he doesn’t make stuff up or blow things out of proportion for clicks.

He’s been really consistent in his read on the situation no matter where the rumors zig zag. So if he’s willing to put it out there, I trust it.

Maybe I’m naive. Guess we’ll all find out soon enough.
nah Scheer doesn’t necessarily break any info but he def calls out all the BS by other Pac 12 guys. I do think he’s pretty connected inside the AU base

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
So ASU and Utah want to go down with the sinking ship? Let them.

As a valley resident, I’d love for ASU to be in the Big12 but if they think the Pac12 is their way forward so be it.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
That is literally from almost 10 years ago...and no one has kicked them out yet.
Iowa state didn’t have to leave AAU either. It financially didn’t make sense to stay. Oregon has more money to waste. Literally no one cares about AAU besides B1G and PAC presidents and for whatever reason fans because they think it gives them some type or athletic advantage or something. They probably confuse it with kids playing AAU sports.

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
So ASU and Utah want to go down with the sinking ship? Let them.

As a valley resident, I’d love for ASU to be in the Big12 but if they think the Pac12 is their way forward so be it.
Yeah, that’s their position now. As long as they PAC doesn’t have a deal on the table and they still have time to bail, it’s all theoretical. It won’t continue to be for long.

I don’t think they’d really go down with the ship, unless they’re completely batshit and think the B10 is going to come bail them out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron