Ranking O'lines - don't be angry!

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by surly, May 15, 2017.

1. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I liked the way the line came together a bit last year throughout the season...I'm not expecting 90's Nebraska but I think they'll be serviceable along with the offense.

2. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Surly likes to post all these Big 12 rankings but casually leaves out the Wide Receiver rankings where Iowa State is ranked THIRD and K State is ranked next to last.

• Winner Winner x 4
  3. im4cyclones

im4cyclones Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Ames, IA
    How do you rank this? Rush yards per attempt? Sacks given up? Tell me the measure you use and I would bet we were not the worst in the conference last year. We may have had 4 seniors but how many retuning starts?

Under Tom Manning, this group will be much better than expected. May start the season slowly but that isn't how it will finish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. surly

surly Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    writing, trolling
    reservation lake, mn
    Place the link for crying out loud. Some people simply can't get beyond a good wine [sic], it seems.
    [​IMG]

5. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
  6. surly

surly Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    writing, trolling
    reservation lake, mn
    http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/120078/big-12-pre-spring-position-rankings-db-

7. Iowa State (7): Earlier this month, Iowa State picked up a potential key grad transfer in Reggie Wilkerson from Georgia. If Wilkerson can step into the rotation, that will give the Cyclones more flexibility to utilize fellow safeties Evrett Edwards and Lawrence White. The Cyclones quietly could be very strong at corner behind veterans D'Andre Payne and Brian Peavy.

1. K-State
    2. OU
    3. TCU
    4. Texas
    5. oSu
    6. WVU
    7. Iowa State
    8. Ku
    9. Baylor
    10. Tech