Ranking Big 12 uniforms ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It's interesting to me why football uniforms are always a topic but not basketball, at least not as much. Perhaps it's because there's so much more to football's and they are pretty much all a fan sees, while in hoops there's a person's features.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
It's been pretty well covered, but let's dissect what this idiot actually said:

7. Iowa State: Iowa State's uniforms look a lot like USC's, both in the color scheme and the general design, but they just don't look as good, do they? I'm sure a big reason for that is because Iowa State doesn't have the history that the Trojans do. Whether it's fair to hold that against them when it comes to their uniforms, hey, I can't control the way my mind works. The eyes like what the eyes like, and while the eyes don't dislike Iowa State's look, they aren't exactly fond of it, either. It makes me think of McDonald's. I don't like McDonald's.

"The eyes like what the eyes like..." yet, he JUST STATED "I'm sure a big reason for that is because Iowa State doesn't have the history that the Trojans do." So, he likes USC's uniform, "...both in the color scheme and the general design". But doesn't like McDonald's, so he doesn't like red/yellow... even though he likes USC, because the eyes like what the eyes like, except when his mind is operating his eyes...

This guy is a ******* moron, except when he's not a moron, then he's an idiot, like all other idiots. I don't like idiots.

Reactions: cyclones500

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It's been pretty well covered, but let's dissect what this idiot actually said:

7. Iowa State: Iowa State's uniforms look a lot like USC's, both in the color scheme and the general design, but they just don't look as good, do they? I'm sure a big reason for that is because Iowa State doesn't have the history that the Trojans do. Whether it's fair to hold that against them when it comes to their uniforms, hey, I can't control the way my mind works. The eyes like what the eyes like, and while the eyes don't dislike Iowa State's look, they aren't exactly fond of it, either. It makes me think of McDonald's. I don't like McDonald's.

"The eyes like what the eyes like..." yet, he JUST STATED "I'm sure a big reason for that is because Iowa State doesn't have the history that the Trojans do." So, he likes USC's uniform, "...both in the color scheme and the general design". But doesn't like McDonald's, so he doesn't like red/yellow... even though he likes USC, because the eyes like what the eyes like, except when his mind is operating his eyes...

This guy is a ******* moron, except when he's not a moron, then he's an idiot, like all other idiots. I don't like idiots.

With all due respect to your perspective, which I agree with pretty much, ISU's own fans have trouble with their uniforms as well. But the guy should have left out the USC comments, I agree. Troy's colors are cardinal and gold as well. But their uniforms are yellow, white and blood red.

Last edited:

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
With all due respect to your perspective, which I agree with pretty much, ISU's own fans have trouble with their uniforms as well. But the guy should have left out the USC comments, I agree. Troy's colors are cardinal and gold as well. But their uniforms are yellow, white and blood red.

To characterize that all ISU fans have trouble with the uniforms is disingenuous. It's not true. There are people OU fans that have trouble with OU unis, and UT fans that have trouble with UT unis. You'll never be able to please everybody, for a variety of reasons. But thankfully we don't have any shade of purple in our uniforms. That would be awful.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
To characterize that all ISU fans have trouble with the uniforms is disingenuous. It's not true. There are people OU fans that have trouble with OU unis, and UT fans that have trouble with UT unis. You'll never be able to please everybody, for a variety of reasons. But thankfully we don't have any shade of purple in our uniforms. That would be awful.
I did not write "all." And I direct you to the uniform thread on your own football board for review. I've never come across a school that debates uniforms like ISU. That's not bad. But it is fact.

Help Support Us

Become a patron