Ranking B12 coaches ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No, NDSU has been good since the 60s. They won 8 national championships with an overall record of 347–94–4 having only 2 losing seasons from 1964 to 2003.
Surly there's a significant difference in D2 football and D1.
You're just being your usual difficult self.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I said mine was based on if hiring a coach today. So, that will include personality, ability to recruit, ability to coach, past performance, and the like.

Well, that pretty much cements my point then about Klieman.
wtf_talking_about_wolf_of_wallstreet.gif

Reactions: 2speedy1 and JP4CY

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Gundy - proven winner over long time
Aranda, Campbell - demonstrated success
Klieman, Leipold, Dykes - promising but not proven yet
Venables, McGuire - who knows? never been head coaches before
Brown, Sark - more disappointment than excitement so far

Would say that's current state, but not necessarily the hiring order, or who any particular school would want in their top job as a good fit.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I said mine was based on if hiring a coach today. So, that will include personality, ability to recruit, ability to coach, past performance, and the like.
Klieman's recruiting at KSU has not been good, and the fact he hired Messingham, who is a brutal OC, kind of drops his ranking down a few notches.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He?!?!!!? (Surly will post some weird lip photo if you say that)
True. Damn it. I would call those lips a little overdone, ok but not quite the same as real good lips. D2 lips, if you will.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You said coming into this year for Klieman was like Campbell last year with high expectations. You then said you thought Klieman would preform better then Campbell did. You then said that if Klieman has the same record this year as he did last year, and if he has the same regular season record as Campbell did last year, it would cement your point.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
That seems rather harsh. I'd say that coming into this year for him is rather like Campbell coming into last year at Ames. High expectations. We'll see who performs better. I suspect HCCK will do better than 7-6, don't you?
Considering the O/U for K-State is 6 wins, no, I don’t think he will do better than 7-6.

You wouldn’t think a team with “high expectations” would be scouring for transfers like K-State has been.

Their high school recruiting has been bad.

Edit: O/U is 5.5

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Considering the O/U for K-State is 6 wins, no, I don’t think he will do better than 7-6.

You wouldn’t think a team with “high expectations” would be scouring for transfers like K-State has been.

Their high school recruiting has been bad.
Does Kstate have the same admission requirements as NDSU?