Ranked teams on Road Saturday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
By my count 9 of 11 ranked teams playing on the road yesterday lost. A win was possible, but we were not able to finish it off. It's not the end of the world. Need to win at Baylor though

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
By my count 9 of 11 ranked teams playing on the road yesterday lost. A win was possible, but we were not able to finish it off. It's not the end of the world. Need to win at Baylor though

It makes me feel better seeing the amount of ranked teams that lost this week. I don't have any doubt in my mind that we will beat Baylor.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
We need to beat Baylor. Not in the sense that it is a season ender, but for confidence, and to show everyone that we can beat a decent team at their place.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Yes, but BYU maybe isnt as good as some thought, and OSU was slumping. Just would be nice to have another quality road win.
Where did you expect BYU to be this year? I figured they'd be a top 50 team that makes the NCAA tournament (which is right where they are, and they finished #2 in their conference). Winning in Provo is tough.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
the season starts to wear on teams. and because there's so much parity across college hoops, that gets reflected in teams like michigan state and kentucky running flat into the wall. while others like wichita and virginia are playing for something else that gives them additional energy, whether it's an undefeated season or league crown. when it gets to the dance, this all tends to sort itself out and cream rises.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I was hoping the Clones would be a bit better on the road this year since during our 14-game winning streak we seemed to be playing better defense than the last two years. In the last two years, we have 6 conference road wins and they're all against teams who finished the year at or below .500. It'd be nice to get a quality road win in the conference, but we seem to fall apart in the final two minutes of every road game. The last quality road win was at K-State in 2012. Granted, Iowa State has been nearly perfect at home since the start of the 2011-2012 season, so we can't complain too much.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
It makes me feel better seeing the amount of ranked teams that lost this week. I don't have any doubt in my mind that we will beat Baylor.

If we play with the same intensity as at KSU, we have a shot. It may be their seniors' last home game though, so it'll be difficult.