Random Thoughts Thread - Murder House Game

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
It's finally here. The first (and possibly only) Random Thoughts Thread Murder House game! Here are the house members:

Room 1: CG-Nickels Murder Weapons: fish knife, killer puppy
Room 2: GTO-Pants-isulives2train Murder Weapons: frozen pineapple, dumbbell
Room 3: BCClone-Clonelawman Murder Weapons: riding mower blade, heavy law book
Room 4: KC-SaraVforVendetta Murder Weapons: banana peel, Eowyn's sword
Room 5: WooClone-jcyclonee Murder Weapons: bagpipes, carpool tire iron
Room 6: Boxster-Chaser Murder Weapons: killer mustache, scalding hot "barbecue"
Room 7: cyrevkah-CyBirdy Murder Weapons: poisoned cupcake, metal ISU belt buckle
Room 8: Wxman-CoKane Murder Weapons: aviator scarf, ham bone
Room 9: GMackey-theantiAIRBHG Murder Weapons: Sam Jackson beer mug, broken bartender tipjar
Room 10: NWICY-cstrunk Murder Weapons: multi-post attack, poison ivy
Room 11: Rulzzz-Bawbie Murder Weapons: cement filled 2-liter bottle of pop, ban hammer
Room 12: VeloClone-Cooler Murder Weapons: penny farthing wheel (I said FARTHING), ice cooler
Room 13: CyclonesrGr8-Farnsworth Murder Weapons: motorcycle handlebar, Mark Ruffalo's Oscar
Room 14: dtISU, jsmith86 Murder Weapons: old-man fist shake, Mace Windu's purple lightsaber
Room 15: Bu4ISU, cycloneG Murder Weapons: bloody boat shoe, blaster (Han shot first)
Basement: CloneFan4-McTallerton Murder Weapons: terrible music, ceiling fan blade
Outside treehouse: WDSM-VikesFan5 Murder Weapons: heavy telescope, constant nagging about RTT

Last edited:

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
And the rules:

1st Round
1. Players exchange their weapons or can decide to keep their own weapons (if no choice is made) only from two adjacent rooms (PM me your pick by 9pm tomorrow). First come, first serve.
2. Order of new weapons selected gets randomized and first 11 become the murder weapons.
3. Once the 11 murder weapons have been disclosed, everyone gets to guess who the murderers are associated with those weapons.
4. Players guess murderers (PM me who you suspect to be the 11 murderers): correct answers worth 2points, incorrect (or non-response) -1 points, bonus: if you correctly guess your roomate as one of the murderers, 1 point.
5. Once I tally the total scores, the bottom 11 players will be the murdered victims and become the first ghosts for the next round.

2nd Round
1. This round is all about one-on-one battles. The ghosts/spirits can align to any of the survivors remaining (you would PM me your pick on who you would like to back). I would then PM you individually how many ghost backers you have (are you confident that you have more than your rival).
2. List of survivors is randomized and the first person on the list gets first crack at attacking. Conversely, that person can just choose to defend (skip a turn) and they would be guaranteed two additional ghosts (their roommate - if still alive and myself).
3. When a player attacks another player, the winner is decided by who has the most backers (in the event of a tie, we go to first round scores for the tiebreaker). The losing player becomes a ghost for the winner and all other spirits backing the loser are now released to attach themselves to another survivor.
4. I'll provide a short story for every death in this round (and the 11 murders of the 1st round).
5. Last murderer standing is the winner of the first RTT Murder House game!

Hope it doesn't sound too complicated, but let me know if you have any question about the rules.

Last edited:

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I remember when I was somewhat in the group.

12cab7bba780281d_inrebck.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm still somewhat confused, so I'm just gonna run a few errands I think and find the water source while the blood bath goes down.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Yeah, but then you got it closed down once out of your raging jealousy of us stealing CG. Kind of like the movie Troy.
I don't remember getting a thread shut down but at least I'll be remembered. I just couldn't keep up with you guys. I didn't want to spend that much time on here. I don't know what this game is, but it sounds interesting. I'm assuming it's too late to join.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron