Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Signed my offer letter for ISU Spring semester.
I got curious about this "other" menu. Clicked it, it immediately highlighted "refuse to sign," and took a massive effort and coronary to get out of that menu.

But, DMACC jumped into the paycheck game today. Their decision to finally pay for my spring training class got the car out of the shop. So, nice work outta them, I guess?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I got curious about this "other" menu. Clicked it, it immediately highlighted "refuse to sign," and took a massive effort and coronary to get out of that menu.

But, DMACC jumped into the paycheck game today. Their decision to finally pay for my spring training class got the car out of the shop. So, nice work outta them, I guess?

Read that first line as "Signed...letter...ISU" and thought I was in the wrong forum.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Read that first line as "Signed...letter...ISU" and thought I was in the wrong forum.

I should amend it. I thought that they paid for that "training" in the spring, and they did.
This is their way of waiting until this late date to start paying, and then cramming it together in 5 payments instead of 8.

I so hate that place. This doesn't have to be complicated.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

This is criminal. If a private business did this they would have the State Attorney General after them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How do I temper my daughter's expectations of her school's athletic teams? Their varsity soccer team made it to the semifinal game at state. I took as many from her freshman team as our SUV would handle to that game. Last night I took her and a friend to the football semifinal which they won. They also had 3 cross country runners and 3 swimmers qualify for State. She is just a first trimester freshman and I think she is going to start expecting that their teams are all going to have this kind of success every year.

When I was in high school our girls basketball team lost in the first round of the state tourney one year. Beyond that I made it to state in track my senior year and I think one other kid made it in tennis the same year. That was our entire success for my tenure at high school. Her school has greatly exceeded that in one term.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Well got word tonight that the barn on my now cousins farm ( been in the family for nearly 150 years) that I believe was built by my great grandparents if not before is burning down currently. My uncle could see the glow from his house a few miles away.

Debating going over and helping as I am sure they will be up all night tending to the cattle.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Well got word tonight that the barn on my now cousins farm ( been in the family for nearly 150 years) that I believe was built by my great grandparents if not before is burning down currently. My uncle could see the glow from his house a few miles away.

Debating going over and helping as I am sure they will be up all night tending to the cattle.
small blessings its supposed to stay warm tonight.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Holy crap I’m getting welts now. Drinking Benadryl, although all we have is children’s stuff that expired 3 years ago. So jumped up the dose.
Starting to sound like more than a temporary allergic reaction. You might try using an Aveeno bath (basically, it's a body wash or bath additive made from an oatmeal base). Sounds weird, but it soothes your rash like calamine, without looking so freakin' strange.
I know it goes against the grain, but if you're still broken out on Monday, you might want to pay a visit to the doc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron