Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
How do you get really red red? I get dark pink.
That's a good question. Ours is Pinker than Red velvet cake, but dark enough I will call it red vs pink.

I don't remember exactly how full the liquid due was when we started, but it was below half way empty when we stopped adding it. I'd post a picture, but I keep getting the error message.

Z described it as Peppa Pink before our last addition.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
C87F39A5-6ECD-4088-B8CD-4649BC2AD996.jpeg

The tricks I have learned:
Start with pink. Like dye your frosting with a pink color first, then add red.
Use gel colors—not liquid.
When you think it is almost there, let it sit for awhile. Red will get darker once it sets up.

This red almost went cardinal, which worked because they were Cyclone fans.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I can answer this! Get red dye that doesn't have the dropper top but just a screw off lid. Then try to only pour a couple drops. It's impossible. You get like half a teaspoon and now your pink frosting is red.

also, your fingers and counter will also turn red cause you're freaking out at the dye getting everywhere.

On second thought, maybe use gel like Birdy says.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
DH went to a video game party tonight, first night completely solo. IDK how this is going to go but we'll see. Doing a bit of solid food has been rough on his digestive system so I avoided any today.

Also, DH didn't get up and take little man early this morning. Though I guess he sat with him from like 12-3 but only because he fell asleep holding him - that's your own fault dude.
Anyway, the earlyish start for me was ok because I decided to workout so I stayed up with him, but he said something about sleeping when he gets home tomorrow and I'm a bit like...........umm, that means I'll be doing both weekend mornings plus all of this evening/night (usually has multiple wakeups yet) and then you want to sleep when you get home? IDK about this, husband.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
DH went to a video game party tonight, first night completely solo. IDK how this is going to go but we'll see. Doing a bit of solid food has been rough on his digestive system so I avoided any today.

Also, DH didn't get up and take little man early this morning. Though I guess he sat with him from like 12-3 but only because he fell asleep holding him - that's your own fault dude.
Anyway, the earlyish start for me was ok because I decided to workout so I stayed up with him, but he said something about sleeping when he gets home tomorrow and I'm a bit like...........umm, that means I'll be doing both weekend mornings plus all of this evening/night (usually has multiple wakeups yet) and then you want to sleep when you get home? IDK about this, husband.

Is that what millennial men do now? Video game parties? Or is that the name of the local strip joint?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Pretty great day. Cleared the snow and played outside with LittleWx a good chunk of the morning. Nap in the afternoon, dinner at my parents to watch the game and kids went down easy so we could watch some Netflix. The only downfall is this extreme cold. Damn back sliding door is wood and most of the frame including what it slides on is metal so whenever it gets really cold it freezes up. Best that I can figure out is thermal contraction issues between the two different materials as a few minutes with the hair dryer on it frees it up.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Pretty great day. Cleared the snow and played outside with LittleWx a good chunk of the morning. Nap in the afternoon, dinner at my parents to watch the game and kids went down easy so we could watch some Netflix. The only downfall is this extreme cold. Damn back sliding door is wood and most of the frame including what it slides on is metal so whenever it gets really cold it freezes up. Best that I can figure out is thermal contraction issues between the two different materials as a few minutes with the hair dryer on it frees it up.

Day was not bad. Woke up after not dying overnight. FTW! Saw elusive pine siskins in my cedar tree this morning. Watched WBB rout the Sooners. Chatted '70's rock and guitar heros with Uber driver (strange cat but cool) on ride to gamewatch. Snarfed wings and beers. Cyclone win. Even tolerated tablemates ubiquitous ******** about the waitstaff without getting pissed off.

I2UprehQ918GB0LijecxIlrd_1ezfRNQ14hCUQeaw91Gkk2460YPSB5xvzEVRl7meLTnM98G97rlluYcjeNlUZjfF-f7NEpvhkWKFS_54XL2JzR0Ba66wXQiI-hphJ7TZtsWNWpptleD60-aRqlsQvcZMlhON9S3YkmWwBBX5Y1Dit4-ttF-HBxPkUaMUTwuyVZUngkhDGvFA7nofVfzX82yeCB8AcO53UxvKlWLTvf02mn6w6QFFZQ_MUJTnAxcUoA_A3tZ7ruNdb8aAevSc47F98w9aTqCzIm1rILFWBwzpHyrNwsa2v3T5jqLYk56IeM9CrJ8TBt2Xj4tBgEJQzAVTYNaEzJlD8lwvFNnn8B-nhsizvrpgdUynMnJzt08J8j0sOTbK-Ufc57JsKdHaIouIMHwYY_M3bvn5mNb9t-bm5URM0qV5E-UVtl_jle3f4M0ZibOHIq2I2I0aO58FE1_jWxXELCTQf_-t-_z2Hgq_xlXDWvIqrPTqhceOuWVRAA6a_CoceTnzy7wf9Ca2Rh8tUTwS-2x9JKnhAlIkvbml4cAPgwS8JaRwQ5s8_Ldba1PJRi3JBUc8q-7m0eBbBYJwkBZAV1rdnm7iSRQHE8q7IUXZGsAiS_Vmfv8mQdz8ueOSg_nKjMsh9Msqrx3BUYr=w835-h626-no

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Great day in Ames today double header win with burgers & beer at Brick City in between. Seemed like the best game of the yr for Lard. Never have seen the women dominate OU like that. They've got a young team but that was brutal. Offense was clicking and defense was solid. That 1st qtr was amazing for the ladies.

Also if anybody would have an extra pair of tickets for OU on Mon Feb 25th please let me know. TIA.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As of yesterday, I didn’t really care about the shutdown; but now I definitely say enough is enough. Bought a new jar of pickles and they are as messed up as the last one. Ever since this shutdown the pickles are just odd shaped and not of solid conformity. I want solid pickles back, end this shutdown so the pickle inspectors can get back to work.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Day was not bad. Woke up after not dying overnight. FTW! Saw elusive pine siskins in my cedar tree this morning. Watched WBB rout the Sooners. Chatted '70's rock and guitar heros with Uber driver (strange cat but cool) on ride to gamewatch. Snarfed wings and beers. Cyclone win. Even tolerated tablemates ubiquitous ******** about the waitstaff without getting pissed off.

I2UprehQ918GB0LijecxIlrd_1ezfRNQ14hCUQeaw91Gkk2460YPSB5xvzEVRl7meLTnM98G97rlluYcjeNlUZjfF-f7NEpvhkWKFS_54XL2JzR0Ba66wXQiI-hphJ7TZtsWNWpptleD60-aRqlsQvcZMlhON9S3YkmWwBBX5Y1Dit4-ttF-HBxPkUaMUTwuyVZUngkhDGvFA7nofVfzX82yeCB8AcO53UxvKlWLTvf02mn6w6QFFZQ_MUJTnAxcUoA_A3tZ7ruNdb8aAevSc47F98w9aTqCzIm1rILFWBwzpHyrNwsa2v3T5jqLYk56IeM9CrJ8TBt2Xj4tBgEJQzAVTYNaEzJlD8lwvFNnn8B-nhsizvrpgdUynMnJzt08J8j0sOTbK-Ufc57JsKdHaIouIMHwYY_M3bvn5mNb9t-bm5URM0qV5E-UVtl_jle3f4M0ZibOHIq2I2I0aO58FE1_jWxXELCTQf_-t-_z2Hgq_xlXDWvIqrPTqhceOuWVRAA6a_CoceTnzy7wf9Ca2Rh8tUTwS-2x9JKnhAlIkvbml4cAPgwS8JaRwQ5s8_Ldba1PJRi3JBUc8q-7m0eBbBYJwkBZAV1rdnm7iSRQHE8q7IUXZGsAiS_Vmfv8mQdz8ueOSg_nKjMsh9Msqrx3BUYr=w835-h626-no

Darby's or another game watch?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Is that what millennial men do now? Video game parties? Or is that the name of the local strip joint?

This is like........the third one he's done in the past 3 years so it's not often. Don't think he's even played games since a few months before little man was born. I did tell him a couple weeks ago that he should go do something for himself because he was making it work to let me get workouts in and leave to do a few things but he wasn't doing anything for himself besides working late. I was just a bit taken aback at his "I'm not getting up with him today/sleeping tomorrow afternoon" stuff. If it were me, I'd be like ok, I'll be nice and take this morning since I've got the opportunity for uninterrupted sleep tonight. Anyway, I'm mostly complaining here so I don't in person because it's not that big of a deal. He'd let me leave for a night if I had something to go to but A. I don't and B. I wouldn't yet

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I showed little man the snow through the window today. Not that I'm in a rush for him to grow up but I told him we'll play in the snow next year

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.