Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Only ended up with 5" or so of snow. Better than the 8"-10" maybe forecast. Just enough to justify firing up Little Fran, the little Toro that could.

Reactions: SaraV

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Any of you mods want to look at the Ashley Joens thread. Some doucher troll keeps starting threads about her that are dumb except this one is even questionable depending on what he angling for.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Whatever went into that tire yesterday was pretty big, it took a double plug to seal it up. Usually one works just fine, drove to Ames and back for WBB so I'm pretty sure it's fine.

Thanks to @Ms3r4ISU for bringing treats over to Lew,KC, and I at the wbb game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I still don't know what it is.
knight-mastodon.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
During the COVID we bought a treadmill. (If only I knew it was coming I could have just about gotten a used one by hauling it away, but they suddenly became a hot commodity. :-\ ) It came with this thing where you could do workouts with trainers running and hiking in exotic places on the little built in screen. The multiday run from (I think) Zermatt up to the Matterhorn was pretty darn cool.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Whatever went into that tire yesterday was pretty big, it took a double plug to seal it up. Usually one works just fine, drove to Ames and back for WBB so I'm pretty sure it's fine.

Thanks to @Ms3r4ISU for bringing treats over to Lew,KC, and I at the wbb game.
Glad to know they shared ;)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
During the COVID we bought a treadmill. (If only I knew it was coming I could have just about gotten a used one by hauling it away, but they suddenly became a hot commodity. :-\ ) It came with this thing where you could do workouts with trainers running and hiking in exotic places on the little built in screen. The multiday run from (I think) Zermatt up to the Matterhorn was pretty darn cool.
You sure you weren't just watching The Price is Right?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I said nothing about Matt’s horn.
Actually it is roughly "the peak in the meadows". I learned that from that run as well. They also talked about what different mountain terms like horn, cirque, col and cwm mean. Yes I know there is no vowel in cwm (it is pronounced 'koom', rhymes with 'room'). I believe it is a welsh word.

• Informative
Reactions: frackincygy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Debating whether to fire up the snow chucker and at least do a lane in the neighbors drive. They return from Austria today. Drive is yuge, double wide and maybe 50 feet or so. Would be nice of me to do that but I also remember coming back last February and schlepping my suitcase through the snow after being in Mexico a few weeks. Somebody could have al least done a cow path for the mail carrier if they didn't care about me at all. Need to mull this over some over my morning javas. Windchill is zero and winds blowing like crazy which factors in both ways.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Any of you have Yaktraxs for winter traction? Thinking maybe for $30 or so they might be worth having.
Wife has something like them for walking. Make sure you don’t forget them on when you go inside. My BIL did at our house. We always wanted small divits in our flooring.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If I’m not careful, I may end up in southern Wisconsin standing outside.

This is factoring into whether to snow blow the neighbors drive. It's damn windy, even in my tree sheltered hood. Wind was gusting into the 40's, now "just' in the 30's. Just pulled out the 78 year old sheepskin German Luftwaffe cap and some mini-sungoggles.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just went and picked up one neighbors recycling that had blown over and was emptying out down the street. Not every hero wears capes.
I've done that on more than one occasion. It was worse when we just had the green boxes. People would put their stuff out on really windy days and it would just blow all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.