Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
“Thsnk you for asking. I think I’d feel a little better staying home tonight.”

Ah, not really an option. Just me invited. They are estranged from their only son because his wife hates them so there is no "family" gathering for them. They are really nice peeps I've known forever and for someone to hate them so much they can't even see their grandkids is something pretty unfathomable to me. Worse, they moved back to MN to be close to their son and than get ghosted.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ah, not really an option. Just me invited. They are estranged from their only son because his wife hates them so there is no "family" gathering for them. They are really nice peeps I've known forever and for someone to hate them so much they can't even see their grandkids is something pretty unfathomable to me. Worse, they moved back to MN to be close to their son and than get ghosted.
How awful.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

That's a sad deal you are making the right choice.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Listened to the women’s game and it ended (victorious!) just in time for me to watch/listen to the all-state music festival end with Battle Hymn of the Republic. So fitting, and brought back memories of when as a junior, my high school show choir would end our special music at churches with that song. Can’t sing like that anymore, but the vocal arrangement sounded just like what we used.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And my Cowboys. Timing made for some interesting routing between in-laws radio and TV. Couldn't watch the BB games so had to follow on radio. Looking forward to seeing the replays when we get back home.
Bud, there is this new world called streaming now. So you can watch the game on your phone and ignore your relatives/in-laws also. It’s like the best of both worlds. Now throw in that it’s cheaper than cable.

Reactions: wxman1

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Remembered I had a Lowes gift card from Christmas last year, went there and bought a nice level. They had a buy 1 get one free special on select Dewalt tools, and of course I already have all but one of them. Cheaper on Amazon anyway.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Just coming in here to say...

If you go to a sit-down restaurant, and there's a special or you have a gift card or a coupon, tip off of what you would be paying if you were paying full price, not the amount coming out of your bank account or off your credit card.
/rant

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You can make up a lot of time
Drive 8 mph faster than the speed limit. Wear depends and take a case of energy bars and a couple thermos of coffee along.

Looked and 90 is the fastest route for me. Can average about 85-88 going that way. So we are talking 22 hours with stops now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron