Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Overall the Highway 61 Drive-In was a good experience with one big drawback. It is literally right night to highway 61 so quite often you can't or can barely hear your radio to hear the movie due to road noise. Also the screen wasn't as big as we were expecting but it was still good.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Overall the Highway 61 Drive-In was a good experience with one big drawback. It is literally right night to highway 61 so quite often you can't or can barely hear your radio to hear the movie due to road noise. Also the screen wasn't as big as we were expecting but it was still good.
Aka, still got lucky.

Did anyone ever watch a full drive in movie? Definitely not the back rowers

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why is that iowa football recruiting thread still open? It has over 68,000 posts is over 6 years old and was started by a hawk troll. Don't we get shut down well before 20,000 posts? I heard that attachments in the posts take up space and slow things down, but 68K?

It's an abomination.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why is that iowa football recruiting thread still open? It has over 68,000 posts is over 6 years old and was started by a hawk troll. Don't we get shut down well before 20,000 posts? I heard that attachments in the posts take up space and slow things down, but 68K?

It's an abomination.
I was told that since it’s about one thing, it can stay open.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
After 17 years of sitting in an old closet, wife dug my old speakers and stereo equipment out to pitch them. Youngest wanted them checked out. I hooked the equipment up, and was disappointed (son was impressed) the cushioners on the woofers are shot so it doesn’t have the bass it used to. Son is now down blasting it and ticking off his mom since he has never had more than a cube sized speaker. I’m kinda laughing while hearing Panama pounded through them for the first time in a very long time.

Lol, now welcome to the jungle.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
After 17 years of sitting in an old closet, wife dug my old speakers and stereo equipment out to pitch them. Youngest wanted them checked out. I hooked the equipment up, and was disappointed (son was impressed) the cushioners on the woofers are shot so it doesn’t have the bass it used to. Son is now down blasting it and ticking off his mom since he has never had more than a cube sized speaker. I’m kinda laughing while hearing Panama pounded through them for the first time in a very long time.

Lol, now welcome to the jungle.

You can get new foam cushion kits, not hard to install.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The car repair quest continues. The mechanic that I wanted to do it wasn't available till next wk. Talked to him a bit about it, going to become a DIY repair. The same piece was $20 difference between 2 GM garages. Gouging son of a guns. It seems that piece isn't available through after market auto stores.
I was surprised that the dealerships weren't priced the same on parts. Well we will see how it goes.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The car repair quest continues. The mechanic that I wanted to do it wasn't available till next wk. Talked to him a bit about it, going to become a DIY repair. The same piece was $20 difference between 2 GM garages. Gouging son of a guns. It seems that piece isn't available through after market auto stores.
I was surprised that the dealerships weren't priced the same on parts. Well we will see how it goes.
When I was at the dealership, we had a 60% markup on parts.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
When you go to work early "just because you're up so you might as well" mean you're getting old or mature? I'm asking for a friend. It's me, I'm the friend.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I was told that since it’s about one thing, it can stay open.

Like 70% of the posts are from people that have been banned on that thread anyway. Probably 30% of the posts were from Twins and 20% from HIIC, Iowaloud and all his other banned usernames.

Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.