Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think I've only used it in jest with friends. I feel kind of guilty about using it, unless it's directed at @VeloClone or @BCClone because those two actually deserve it (and I know they won't be offended by it).

I suppose that I do "JLH" bomb threads when I find that somebody posts too many comments that I find to be a bit ridiculous. I also suppose that isn't really all that respectful.
giphy.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
One of the final Adventures in Adjuncting anecdotes: I went ahead with Drake's idea to help a couple students with incompletes, with their idea "We don't think we'll lock you out of the systems quickly."

Stuff is due May 31st. Except for e-mail and Blackboard, I'm locked out of everything, including the spot to update incompletes.
Turns out they didn't actually check to make sure whether we could update things if this happened, so I'm pretty proud of all that communicative effort.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think I've only used it in jest with friends. I feel kind of guilty about using it, unless it's directed at @VeloClone or @BCClone because those two actually deserve it (and I know they won't be offended by it).

I suppose that I do "JLH" bomb threads when I find that somebody posts too many comments that I find to be a bit ridiculous. I also suppose that isn't really all that respectful.
Deserve it? Heck, I should probably have the dumb box as my avatar...

• Dumb
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like the fact that in teams you can mute other people. I will viciously do that during some calls.
I thought you could only do that if you set up the meeting. Good to know. I will definitely use this when during the middle of a meeting people take a phone call or talk to someone who came into their office while their mic is open.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I thought you could only do that if you set up the meeting. Good to know. I will definitely use this when during the middle of a meeting people take a phone call or talk to someone who came into their office while their mic is open.
Unless their talking about something juicy

Reactions: jcyclonee

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

There is nothing wrong with a JLH bomb.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Didn’t see it because it was gone before I got to the right window, but DH saw a fox in our backyard. There are plenty in parts of Ames, but no reports from around here until now.
Come back and have all the rabbits you want, please!

Last edited:
Reactions: frackincygy

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Didn’t see it because it was gone before I got to the right window, but DH saw a fix in our backyard. There are plenty in parts of Ames, but no reports from around here until now.
Come back and have all the rabbits you want, please!

Fox? Otherwise I'm confused what is broken and why Ames has parts but not your area.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik
Status
Not open for further replies.