Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Some situations can be be perplexing when viewed from the outside. Seemingly normal peeps in every other aspect of their lives spend a lifetime being cheated, lied to and mentally abused by their spouse yet function (seemingly) pretty normally in other aspects of their life like work and such. Been watching one of these for the last decade that hits just too close to home for me and it's frustrating and bit heartbreaking when it's someone you know well and care about.
I could probably feel some sympathy but both of these two are backstabbing aholes also.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My challenge for the week: Finding ways to explain to students who really do need incompletes that I'll do what I can, but I'm already fired, so my options are limited.
I took an incomplete in a seminar I was taking when my dad died. I really appreciated Dr. Rawson's compassion and understanding on that.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
My challenge for the week: Finding ways to explain to students who really do need incompletes that I'll do what I can, but I'm already fired, so my options are limited.
You're a better man than I. I'm putting on my outlook auto reply and never looking back.

Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I took an incomplete in a seminar I was taking when my dad died. I really appreciated Dr. Rawson's compassion and understanding on that.

I took a couple with a prof when our first was stillborn. It's a great option to have.
It's one I can't help with, and nothing tells us whether the T.A. has the option or not. It makes things challenging.

Same thing for the Drake students who need them.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My mom had my little sister at 41. Oops.

We have family friends that had this happen to. They were in their low to mid 40s and she thought she was just starting to go through menopause...nope. So they had a baby with high schoolers including one about to graduate I think.

At least one of them is married now with a brother that is 5-7 years old.

Also on another tangent I saw a reel last night that @jcyclonee would appreciate. A teacher is at recess watching the kids and one of the little girls comes up to her after being on the swing

Teacher-You are really good at swinging!
Girl-I know. I think I get it from my parents.
Teacher-Oh yeah?
Girl-Yeah. They say they go swinging too but I have to go to grandma's house on those nights.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We have family friends that had this happen to. They were in their low to mid 40s and she thought she was just starting to go through menopause...nope. So they had a baby with high schoolers including one about to graduate I think.

At least one of them is married now with a brother that is 5-7 years old.

Also on another tangent I saw a reel last night that @jcyclonee would appreciate. A teacher is at recess watching the kids and one of the little girls comes up to her after being on the swing

Teacher-You are really good at swinging!
Girl-I know. I think I get it from my parents.
Teacher-Oh yeah?
Girl-Yeah. They say they go swinging too but I have to go to grandma's house on those nights.
Yeah, I was the youngest until she was born. My oldest brother was 21 and I was 14 when she was born. My mom was a couple months shy of 42.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My folks were 40. My one gma was like 45 with her youngest. She was mean, probably wanted to prove she could still give birth.
A family near me had a son years after their first born son. The oldest got married and had a daughter so those two used to always be together. People thought they were brother and sister but they were actually uncle and niece.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A family near me had a son years after their first born son. The oldest got married and had a daughter so those two used to always be together. People thought they were brother and sister but they were actually uncle and niece.
I always thought it was strange when I was in grade school that there was a kid in my class who sometimes babysat his uncle. To be fair, I think there was only a few years difference in age, but the uncle was the younger one.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A tad delayed but I always love your bird pictures.

Okay, that tips to scale to birdabout. Well, after a 15 minute power nap.

Wasn't a totes sloth today, did go do the lifting of the weights and all and earlier solved many world problems on social media. ;)

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Tough call. Last nice afternoon of the week and rain is holding off. Bikeabout or birdabout debate.
I am going to the gym. First time in about three weeks due to eyelid surgery the end of April. Man, do I need to get back to the gym. I definitely am going to the gym. There, I said "gym" three times so I have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron