Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wind is gusting to 36 mph because, of course, it is.

Going to skip biking. Figure after walking for over four hours yesterday I'm good for a day. Was gusting to 33 mph yesterday. And me trying to take a picture of a Tennessee Warbler that was perching in scrub willows. They were swaying back and forth like crazy while I tried to catch a still moment. Mostly a futile endeavor.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It seems half the country is sitting around watching the Depp vs Heard trial.
Are people actually watching it or is this one of those things that news organizations think that we care about when most of us don't? When I hear bits and pieces of it I actually feel a little dirty inside (and not just because of the poop story).

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Are people actually watching it or is this one of those things that news organizations think that we care about when most of us don't? When I hear bits and pieces of it I actually feel a little dirty inside (and not just because of the poop story).
I can't believe anyone would want their dirty laundry aired all day for weeks on end for everyone to see. I've seen maybe 10 minutes of it and the best I can tell it was one messed up relationship on both sides.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can't believe anyone would want their dirty laundry aired all day for weeks on end for everyone to see. I've seen maybe 10 minutes of it and the best I can tell it was one messed up relationship on both sides.
Haven't watched, haven't paid attention. I didn't even know who she was until Mrs. Velo told me she was in Aquaman.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
@ImJustKCClone hoyt Sherman is a great concert venue. It was a quick show. Opener went on at right at 8 and he was on for about 25 minutes, 10 minute intermission and Gordon came on and finished by 9:45.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Fire peeps say you're supposed to replace smoke detectors that are more than 8-10 years old. I have a hard wired model from 2002 at the top of my vaulted ceiling, maybe 15 feet up. Of course they no longer make house powered detectors, seems dumb to me for high ceilings. Do not want a battery unit 15 feet up that requires an extension ladder to reach, even the 10-year battery ones, so this one is still up there. Can confirm it still works after frying walleye tonight. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SaraV and Ms3r4ISU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron