Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm blessed with being too churchy, I guess. Thought I had it on the third word...missed it by ONE FREAKING LETTER...

Come Thou...
Wordle 222 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜
⬜

ROAST
DONUT
FOUNT
MOUNT
How I now picture KC:

d440d863e19b507aee78627854f4c09d.jpg

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I always find it funny when watching idiot driver/motorcyclist videos and I recognize the highway. That's happened to me a few times.

I've been known to watch these sometimes. They usually label city/state/country. One time it just said Iowa. I paused it to read the green highway sign. It said the next exit was for Eddyville - Fremont. i.e. - the exit we used off of 163 to get "home" in Ottumwa. Something happened to a dump truck going the other way of the cammer, and it veered into the grassy median, tearing up a lot of grass and dirt. Never hit the person with the camera.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm good at the level I'm at. I have fun with it right now. If it was a lot harder, it would be more work, less fun. Mama ain't got time for that!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
New furnace is in. Unsure how it actually is. Supposed to be 96% efficient versus our old 90%. Not sure how much that matters.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Tried a different strategy with wordle this morning: more of eliminating letters, especially vowels, than guessing the right ones. Still took me four tries, but kind of cool how it worked out because finally I didn't inadvertently use a "not today" letter more than once.
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 7.56.02 AM.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Had letters 2, 3 & 5 on the second word. Just about ran out of time with my legitimate guesses. And I didn't even screw up and re-use wrong letters. Yikes!
LEAST
MERCY
FERRY
DERBY
JERKY
PERKY

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just witnessed maybe the dumbest moment in game show history. Watching Family Feud and the first question was name a dwarf from snow white that you wouldn't want as your defense lawyer. One side buzzes and says grumpy on the board but not number 1. Other side gets a guess and says sneezy not on the board. It's a question with 6 answers. All the side that won the right to play is name the other 5.

They name 4 doc, happy, dopey, sleepy and along the way get 3 strikes for guesses bumpy, lumpy and stinky. Goes to the other side to steal and I can't remember what they said but it was wrong. How between 10 people they can't remember bashful!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just witnessed maybe the dumbest moment in game show history. Watching Family Feud and the first question was name a dwarf from snow white that you wouldn't want as your defense lawyer. One side buzzes and says grumpy on the board but not number 1. Other side gets a guess and says sneezy not on the board. It's a question with 6 answers. All the side that won the right to play is name the other 5.

They name 4 doc, happy, dopey, sleepy and along the way get 3 strikes for guesses bumpy, lumpy and stinky. Goes to the other side to steal and I can't remember what they said but it was wrong. How between 10 people they can't remember bashful!
Stinky was the eighth dwarf, but they made him sleep in the barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.