Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Go into work early since it was going to be busy. Was way busier than anticipated. Nothing like stretching a 8hrday into a 12. Oh well here's hoping tomorrows better I got a game to make.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Did @Angie get the ban hammer? ;). I've seen Janny post some but Angie has disappeared. Maybe Janny and the Vixen are in cahoots. 1st Scyclone disappears now Angie.

Reactions: Angie

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just got off the phone with a DIL. My older son is in the hospital. She took him to the ER around 1am last night...he underwent surgery today to remove a kidney stone that measured 8mm by 10mm. YOWCH!!! They're keeping him overnight again tonight in an abundance of caution.
I've always said between the pain of the kidney stone cramping and the pain of labor it's a real toss-up to me which is worse. One thing about it...now my son has a better idea of what Em went through to give him four daughters. :D

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Just got off the phone with a DIL. My older son is in the hospital. She took him to the ER around 1am last night...he underwent surgery today to remove a kidney stone that measured 8mm by 10mm. YOWCH!!! They're keeping him overnight again tonight in an abundance of caution.
I've always said between the pain of the kidney stone cramping and the pain of labor it's a real toss-up to me which is worse. One thing about it...now my son has a better idea of what Em went through to give him four daughters. :D
Watching my uncle deal with his kidney stone pain made me rethink how I hydrate.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Never thought kidney stones were as bad as everyone said; then I had one. You go from a annoying discomfort to just vomiting from the intense pain. Mine dissolved so I was a fortunate one.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I wasn't sure whether to heart or laugh but his wife delivered four children? I'll do the laugh!

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Did @Angie get the ban hammer? ;). I've seen Janny post some but Angie has disappeared. Maybe Janny and the Vixen are in cahoots. 1st Scyclone disappears now Angie.

Oh no, Scyclone disappeared? My promise to be more active here is failing miserably. 2nd time in 3 weeks kid is home due to exposure. New job ramping up and oh boy. Listen to your gut folks. A friend snapped a volcano joke the other day and I'm like I don't get it. I had no idea there had been a volcano and tsunami a day or two earlier!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I wasn't sure whether to heart or laugh but his wife delivered four children? I'll do the laugh!
I question if delivering or raising 4 daughters is more painful. One about drives me bat shite crazy. Four and, well we would have never gotten to three let alone four because I would have ran away.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I question if delivering or raising 4 daughters is more painful. One about drives me bat shite crazy. Four and, well we would have never gotten to three let alone four because I would have ran away.
Two of our sons have four daughters each. I laugh every damn time I think about it. They are sooooo surrounded by estrogen; it's like karma for the days when I was the only female in the house of testosterone. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Two of our sons have four daughters each. I laugh every damn time I think about it. They are sooooo surrounded by estrogen; it's like karma for the days when I was the only female in the house of testosterone. :D
Thats like a curse you placed on the boys or something.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Thats like a curse you placed on the boys or something.
Oh, absofreakinglutely!

On a related note, have you ever heard of the "mother's curse"? That's when she tells her kid "I hope you have a child JUST LIKE YOU someday". My younger son blames me for his son (my only grandson)...who is just as smart and obstinate as he was. Just kinda warms my heart. :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Oh, absofreakinglutely!

On a related note, have you every heard of the "mother's curse"? That's when she tells her kid "I hope you have a child JUST LIKE YOU someday". My younger son blames me for his son (my only grandson)...who is just as smart and obstinate as he was. Just kinda warms my heart. :D
I have a mini-me. Kinda bad when I notice I am becoming my dad some. Can’t even try to deny him since he looks 95% similar to me when I was 14.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Watching my uncle deal with his kidney stone pain made me rethink how I hydrate.

Kidney stone is the only thing I have ever seen put my dad on the ground. Same man nailed his hand to a roof when I was young. Didn’t phase him a bit. Definitely makes you think different after watching that.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Growing up I never drank water and never paid attention to hydration, so kidney stones became my curse as an adult. I know what it's like to pee gravel after numerous lithotripsy procedures, to have to pull a stent out of your own ****, and to beg the hospital for more morphine when they've already given you the legal limit.

Despite my reluctance to ever take medicine, I now religiously take 2 pills a day to lessen the likelihood for stones. And I keep a huge stone that I passed (I named him Lucifer) on my work desk as motivation to drink water like a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.