Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I assume you'll be driving this:
everything-you-shoul-4_1600x0w.jpg

The password for entry is I’m Gonna Barbecue Your @ss In Molasses!

@VeloClone - Have you been to the speakeasy in Anoka? They text you a secret code prior to your reservation to allow admittance. Last time we went it was I need a new hammer.
Never been. Is it good?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Our kids always kept everything in their locker room lockers. They would have workouts before and after so it was just the norm there. Nobody put anything in the other lockers.
At this school you only have a locker room locker when your sport is in season. Doing off season lifting? Tough luck kid. Daughter used hers a lot for the coat and stuff in years past but she isn't doing Nordic this year so no winter gym locker.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At this school you only have a locker room locker when your sport is in season. Doing off season lifting? Tough luck kid. Daughter used hers a lot for the coat and stuff in years past but she isn't doing Nordic this year so no winter gym locker.
Could be that way here. My kids have been 4 sporters so far, so I can’t say for certain.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Never been. Is it good?
It's called the Anoka Hardware Store and it's a really cool place. As you might expect, the drinks are a bit expensive but they don't skimp on them.

It's actually pretty well hidden and you need a reservation to get in. You can only stay for 1.5 hours. It's way less redneck then the rest of Anoka.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm stuck on four tries. Better than 5 or 6 or not at all. Still, if I'd been thinking a little "lower" I may have done it in fewer tries today.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 3.53.33 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.