Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Four today. If I didn't get it that time I was thinking about just giving up until tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.42.56 AM.png

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Hey all. Barring the unforeseen, the fam is going to (finally) be going to Europe this year for a few weeks. I really don't travel enough to know the best sites for flights. There are so many anymore and I'd rather not waste my time with some of them that are sketchy. Recommendations to use/stay away from? Flying KC to Salzburg. TIA.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Hey all. Barring the unforeseen, the fam is going to (finally) be going to Europe this year for a few weeks. I really don't travel enough to know the best sites for flights. There are so many anymore and I'd rather not waste my time with some of them that are sketchy. Recommendations to use/stay away from? Flying KC to Salzburg. TIA.

I generally just use Google.com/flights. It gives you an idea of how it is currently priced compared to average. You can also set alerts so it will email you when the price changes and you can try to hit it at a lower point.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Good for you!!!
We'll be across the pond in late May; doing a river cruise on the Rhine from Amsterdam to Basil, then spending several days in Lucerne afterward. We'll wave.

For flights, I usually use Orbitz. Very user friendly.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Thanks for the guidance. I've used Travelocity in the past with luck. Lately, they haven't seemed as reliable for some reason. I actually used a co-worker's travel agent last summer. She was able to find me a better rate than what I found, but it left me feeling that I didn't look in the right places.

I need to get everything planned to a T because, despite having the trip planned, I'll still have to be convincing my wife that it's a good idea until we are actually on the plane. It's like CMC trying to hold onto a verbal commit for a year.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Thanks for the guidance. I've used Travelocity in the past with luck. Lately, they haven't seemed as reliable for some reason. I actually used a co-worker's travel agent last summer. She was able to find me a better rate than what I found, but it left me feeling that I didn't look in the right places.

I need to get everything planned to a T because, despite having the trip planned, I'll still have to be convincing my wife that it's a good idea until we are actually on the plane. It's like CMC trying to hold onto a verbal commit for a year.

How is your Covid requirements research going? I think I have all the forms for France, but we can't go into Germany or Spain at this time due to US....

I've had a lot of fun making a wish trip, but what is bothering me is where to get the health pass and airfare pricing is horrible.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I will say; the French government websites are really good and they do have a website for pharmacies that can provide the health pass. Just how does that relate to leaving the airport and heading to XYZ with the need to pickup the pass first.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Make sure all three of you are fully vaccinated and be prepared to do testing 48-72 hours prior to departure. and possibly during your trip if you cross national borders.
:)

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yup. And we just booked another Viking for Feb/Mar 2023 that goes from Auckland around the southern coast of NZ, over to the southern coast of AUS, then up the Gold Coast, thru the Coral & Timor seas to Komodo & Bali. Really excited about that one - we were starting to plan it for our 25th anniversary but life, Covid, and major wildfires in Australia) got in the way. So, we'll be going a month or so after our 29th. :)

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
How is your Covid requirements research going? I think I have all the forms for France, but we can't go into Germany or Spain at this time due to US....

I've had a lot of fun making a wish trip, but what is bothering me is where to get the health pass and airfare pricing is horrible.

I'm still in the early stages of it all. I have a TON of things to look through right now.

I just got my booster last Thursday and wife and daughter should be getting theirs within the next few weeks. My daughter's HS cancelled classes Friday due to the outbreak affecting 10% of the students and 20% of the teachers/subs. I'm hoping things calm down in the next few months or I have a feeling this trip will have to get moved. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.