Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
My Loons got a new player from South Africa. Anybody have any idea how to pronounce Bongokuhle Hlongwane?

o_O
Good luck getting a bunch of cyclone fans to figure it out, we still don't know how to pronounce kene nwangwu.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
My heart appreciated last basketball season more than this one. I definitely enjoy this team and their success, but these games are way more stressful.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My heart appreciated last basketball season more than this one. I definitely enjoy this team and their success, but these games are way more stressful.

I turned it off. Glad they hung on to win. If the entertainment value drops that low and the stress is too much the new Boxster** will just turn it off. Old Boxster would have suffered through it. I don't think I enjoy sports as much as I used to. Watched the Cyclone gals earlier. Was a good and entertaining game....watched the whole 40 minutes.

** I guess to be more accurate it's the New Old Boxster. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jcyclonee

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I found a really sketchy video on line that pronounced the last name as Long-wane just two syllables. Long Wayne sounds like a pron star handle.
Based upon the theory that your pron star name is the color of your underwear plus the last thing you ate, my name would be Blue Chicken Mole.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Based upon the theory that your pron star name is the color of your underwear plus the last thing you ate, my name would be Blue Chicken Mole.

Do beverages count or just food? If beverages count, Black Coffee, if not, Black M&Ms, or Black Candy if you want to take brand names out of it.

I think I'm analyzing this too much...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Do beverages count or just food? If beverages count, Black Coffee, if not, Black M&Ms, or Black Candy if you want to take brand names out of it.

I think I'm analyzing this too much...
This is important. You are not analyzing this too much.

Mine has now changed to Blue Yogurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.