Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
2ndly, pretend you were playing a game with spouse that involves clues and the clue he gives was "hot" and you had 3 cards to guess. Your choices are barbeque, toast, balloon, mustard, laundry, shorts, and tell me why DH is dumb to have put toast, balloon, and laundry as the three "hot" things. He's wrong and we lost because he's wrong. It's barbeque, mustard, shorts.
So I actually get the balloon and laundry ones because hot air balloon and laundry is hot when it comes out of the dryer.

but I’m also a guy, and as we all know, guys are dumb

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
whoa I almost missed the new digs

also I have a child who will start KINDERGARTEN next year and that's not ok.

Wow LilMan will be in Kindergarten? That doesn't seem possible. Sort of on the kidlet front, my niece had her 1st last last night a healthy baby girl reports are mom and baby are doing fine. No other info other than that. Well time to start training the next generation of Cyclones!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thirdly, I have a baby starting daycare and I start a new job tomorrow. Big mistake putting both of those on the same day (in my defense I didn't really have a way around it) and despite baby being twice the age and size of first baby at this point it's somehow not easier the 2nd time.
Grandson started preschool this fall same time Mom went back to the office after working from home 550+ days. With 2 others under three, having a stay-at-home dad was a very good thing.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thirdly, I have a baby starting daycare and I start a new job tomorrow. Big mistake putting both of those on the same day (in my defense I didn't really have a way around it) and despite baby being twice the age and size of first baby at this point it's somehow not easier the 2nd time.

Twice the size you say?

785685.jpg

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Well yes, see second sentence haha.

But also, I'm not a big mustard person. Is mustard known for being spicy?

It can be and it's a running joke that I can't handle spicy foods so I thought bbq and mustard were obvious.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wow LilMan will be in Kindergarten? That doesn't seem possible. Sort of on the kidlet front, my niece had her 1st last last night a healthy baby girl reports are mom and baby are doing fine. No other info other than that. Well time to start training the next generation of Cyclones!
Speaking of next gen Cyclones...I saw on FB that ISUCUBS is now a daddy! Soooo sweet!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
3.5yr old is 34lbs, 6 month old is 20. 50th percentile vs 90th. Baby won't be the baby for long.

I thought you had to be 5 to be in kindergarten. Is this like a TAG program for little ones?

Edit: sorry for the misread KC showed me the error a couple of posts down.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I thought you had to be 5 to be in kindergarten. Is this like a TAG program for little ones?
I was confused, but then I looked back at her post and she said lilman would start kindergarten NEXT year. I think she's over-anticipating juuuuuust a bit. ;)
Gotta be tough when you've spent so much time with them at home.
Paid maternity leave and WFH didn't exist when I was a young mom, at least not at MY pay grade. I love the fact that CG has been able to be with her boys so much, even if it's for a sucky reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.