Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

BCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
I'll add my Happy Thanksgivings alongside of BC's - and I will even include JM, MrsJM and all the little JMs in that. :D

Gonna have a pie-baking party with oldest granddaughter this afternoon, then others start arriving tomorrow. I am blessed.
Unless you want a visitor this year, don’t say you are making a cherry pie.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'll add my Happy Thanksgivings alongside of BC's - and I will even include JM, MrsJM and all the little JMs in that. :D

Gonna have a pie-baking party with oldest granddaughter this afternoon, then others start arriving tomorrow. I am blessed.
I just hope there’s only two little JMs. Would not be a welcomed Christmas surprise.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Thanksgiving will be interesting, the MIL is in one of her confused states so conversations will be off the rails the whole time.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
One phone call to CN a day or two before fixes this.

So did the train stop or roll thru?

It usually switches tracks around there so it doesn't move quick.
It sounds like they were able to get it to back up to let everyone start and then proceed. Surprised that they didn’t coordinate it before hand but it is normally UP (who I believe owns that line) or CRANDIC running stuff there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thanksgiving will be interesting, the MIL is in one of her confused states so conversations will be off the rails the whole time.

I am decidedly unenthused about friends turkey dinner invite. I'd be fine just staying home and watching the ISU MBB & WBB games. Not a big sports over family and friends sort of guy but just my preference today.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I am decidedly unenthused about friends turkey dinner invite. I'd be fine just staying home and watching the ISU MBB & WBB games. Not a big sports over family and friends sort of guy but just my preference today.
“Thsnk you for asking. I think I’d feel a little better staying home tonight.”

Help Support Us

Become a patron