Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
These disaster recovery tests we do at work are completely out of control. Today we have to do a pre DR test for the actual one next week. What is the purpose of doing it twice except to just waste our time?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My building on campus probably has the best employee to restroom ratio. 2 restrooms, at most 5 people working in office. Tomorrow they'll be two of us. It's actually quite nice.
How I now picture GMackey...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
KC moved seats but didn't end up in your old ones. went to 239 instead of 238 only dropped down 2 rows to rw 12. I guess I'll see if I like them in about 60 days or so. Not a lot of choices available in those sections.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just pulled an @snowcraig2.0 and forgot LittleWx at school. Well at the pickup point. He walks up a hill from school and we get him from there instead of waiting in the car pickup line. I was about 10 minutes late and he had just started walking towards a friends house in tears.
Doghouse (or worse) for you. See you later.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Just pulled an @snowcraig2.0 and forgot LittleWx at school. Well at the pickup point. He walks up a hill from school and we get him from there instead of waiting in the car pickup line. I was about 10 minutes late and he had just started walking towards a friends house in tears.
Time to get him a phone.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
My garage sitting neighbors and adulterer neighbors must be having a turf war. The garage sitters had their property staked. The adulterers have been mowing about 5-6 feet onto the garage sitters property. The garage sitters went out and put their push mower on setting 0 and scalped a couple passes on their side of the boundary markers right after the adulterers mowed.

I enjoy watching crappy neighbors getting into Peeing matches.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

One of Z's last in-person days, I was late to get her while setting up a book fair in Hubbard. One thing after another ran long, and I didn't make the pickup time. She was crying in the office when I got there. Oops.

Since the company locked us book fair reps out as COVID closings started, I never have known how that fair did, either.

Reactions: wxman1

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well on the bright side, at least there was a friend's house to fall back on.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This stuff happens. One time I brought a kid home from baseball when both of his parents left without him.

Reactions: wxman1