Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
NSY and maybe won't get "it". Sick niece tested negative which is good with so many peeps here for visitation/funeral and associated family stuff. Quiet here now without seven kids tearing around the house. I did well considering I've lived alone for the last 20 years and this isn't my normal by a factor of 100X.

FWIW: Wearing a shirt AND a fleece vest.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
You know you have arrived when your in-laws ditch the Hawkeye glasses after you marry the farmer's daughter. They actually follow the clones now and could care less about TOE.
Are you talking about the ones you wear to see or ones you drink from? Either would be impressive.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
whoa I almost missed the new digs

also I have a child who will start KINDERGARTEN next year and that's not ok.

A regular and coworker were kidding about what I do when I'm not at that job. the regular because we trade jabs and he "doesn't want to know" and the coworker because she loves finding new layers of this onion, and finds it pretty funny (in a supportive way).

I shared my "teach at all schools" spring, along with the homeschool a child during her simultaneous 3rd grade (2nd is all done)/Middle School/College journey.

Also, said kiddo is a bit despondent. The program we're using allows 7 courses at a time. She and I cooked up a plan to add German when Spanish is done, and it just hit her that it means we can't do it tonight. Even as an intense nerd, I was not prepared for her level.

Status
Not open for further replies.