Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Asked my sister if Dubuque's Finest and Tinder's Finest were still together. Sister said he forgot to RSVP for her at the wedding, which is tonight, so she's at a different table with another one of the housemate's friends. Apparently she's going around telling people she shouldn't be drinking because she could be pregnant. She took 2 pregnancy tests, first was positive, second was inconclusive. And she's been sick the last couple weeks.

I think this is the 6th-7th week of the relationship.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Asked my sister if Dubuque's Finest and Tinder's Finest were still together. Sister said he forgot to RSVP for her at the wedding, which is tonight, so she's at a different table with another one of the housemate's friends. Apparently she's going around telling people she shouldn't be drinking because she could be pregnant. She took 2 pregnancy tests, first was positive, second was inconclusive. And she's been sick the last couple weeks.

I think this is the 6th-7th week of the relationship.

I like this soap opera ALOT!!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Don't know if anyone else heard about the 2 house fires and murders in Laurel Ne. but that one struck close to home. My family purchased hay from one of the families for a lot of yrs. Nicest family you can imagine don't know what made the dude go off and kill two families, too bad they caught the guy alive.
I guess the only good thing is maybe they can figure out why he did it.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Don't know if anyone else heard about the 2 house fires and murders in Laurel Ne. but that one struck close to home. My family purchased hay from one of the families for a lot of yrs. Nicest family you can imagine don't know what made the dude go off and kill two families, too bad they caught the guy alive.
I guess the only good thing is maybe they can figure out why he did it.

Same with the guy that killed the family camping at the caves a few weeks ago. Except he took care of himself.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
98% chance of rain and it misses me by miles once again. Received less than a half inch of rain since the fourth.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Betting I get "unfriended". Friend posted a pic on FB of some beef she had bought weighing on her home scale and was grumping about being underweight and overcharged and she she was taking the picture of it to the store. Everybody is all "You go, girl!" So I point out her scale is pounds/ounces and the printed meat weight is pounds/decimal. Her 2:12 was not much off 2.85 pounds, likely the ounce of so difference was her trimming (she weighed after she cut it up for whatever she was making) or it could have dried out some moisture weight.

Seriously, we should be metric.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Betting I get "unfriended". Friend posted a pic on FB of some beef she had bought weighing on her home scale and was grumping about being underweight and overcharged and she she was taking the picture of it to the store. Everybody is all "You go, girl!" So I point out her scale is pounds/ounces and the printed meat weight is pounds/decimal. Her 2:12 was not much off 2.85 pounds, likely the ounce of so difference was her trimming (she weighed after she cut it up for whatever she was making) or it could have dried out some moisture weight.

Seriously, we should be metric.
Maths are hard.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
When your day of fun with the kids is out the window because the kid decides to throw a big fit and won’t take personal responsibility for his actions.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
  • Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We really should have good full metric decades ago. Old ***** like me would still be "thinking" in standard units but we would have a couple of generations thinking metric by now.
Everybody seems to get all up in arms about conversion. But no one converts liters to gallons or ounces when they get a bottle of pop. They have seen a 2 liter bottle for 50 years in the store and know how much it is even if they can't make the conversion.

And yes, it has been that long. The 2 liter bottle was introduced in 1970, believe it or not.

I have a few simple conversion tricks in my head if I have to use them.

I know that 82 degrees F is 28 degrees C (just flip the digits around), 32 F is 0 C (freezing), 212 F is 100 C (boiling), and -40 F is -40 C (handy in Minnesota). Those help to give an idea when I hear or see a C temp.

I also know what a 2 liter bottle looks like and that a fifth of whiskey is about 750 mL and a gallon is about 3.5 L.

I also know that 50 miles is 80 km. Or that 5k is 3.1 miles or 10k is 6.2 miles from running races. Also from running I know that 400m is about 440 yards and so on. I also know that a meter is just a few inches longer than a yard so if I hear that a shark is 3 meters I know it is about 10 feet. If I hear that it is 6 meters, I know to get out of the water.

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Everybody seems to get all up in arms about conversion. But no one converts liters to gallons or ounces when they get a bottle of pop. They have seen a 2 liter bottle for 50 years in the store and know how much it is even if they can't make the conversion.

And yes, it has been that long. The 2 liter bottle was introduced in 1970, believe it or not.

I have a few simple conversion tricks in my head if I have to use them.

I know that 82 degrees F is 28 degrees C (just flip the digits around), 32 F is 0 C (freezing), 212 F is 100 C (boiling), and -40 F is -40 C (handy in Minnesota). Those help to give an idea when I hear or see a C temp.

I also know what a 2 liter bottle looks like and that a fifth of whiskey is about 750 mL and a gallon is about 3.5 L.

I also know that 50 miles is 80 km. Or that 5k is 3.1 miles or 10k is 6.2 miles from running races. Also from running I know that 400m is about 440 yards and so on. I also know that a meter is just a few inches longer than a yard so if I hear that a shark is 3 meters I know it is about 10 feet. If I hear that it is 6 meters, I know to get out of the water.
Just like nobody buys an ounce of coke or heroin. It’s always in grams. We need to be more like the drug dealers.

Btw, I’ve never seen a gallon of whiskey. You got a photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.