Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
View attachment 86466

The wild ones do! In my yard this morning. Got separated from the flock, freaked out on my deck , flew into the house and than around the house and up into the oak above the others. No baby turkeys were harmed in this adventure.

View attachment 86467
I've definitely seen even full grown turkeys tree themselves like 20-30 feet up. I don't think our Thanksgiving genetically modified monstrosities can fly much due to their proportions

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
View attachment 86466

The wild ones do! In my yard this morning. Got separated from the flock, freaked out on my deck , flew into the house and than around the house and up into the oak above the others. No baby turkeys were harmed in this adventure.

View attachment 86467

OH HELL NO!! That's not a turkey it's one of those little bird lizards from the 1st Jurassic Park. It's been nice knowing you, next time you go through that part of the woods, you'll be lucky to come out.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
"The Velocipastor"

After losing his parents, a priest travels to China, where he inherits a mysterious ability that allows him to turn into a dinosaur. At first horrified by this new power, a hooker convinces him to use it to fight crime. And ninjas.

And yes, It's as bad as it sounds

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've definitely seen even full grown turkeys tree themselves like 20-30 feet up. I don't think our Thanksgiving genetically modified monstrosities can fly much due to their proportions

I was surprised the little one could fly that well. Would definitely help to be able to tree (or roof top for these urban ones) with predators like the fox and coyotes.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Years ago when we lived in Humboldt, I was on a committee of the women’s group in our church that planned and held a Daughter’s Day program in May. Not every female was a mother, but every female had a mother. By celebrating Daughter’s Day we recognized all. I think the same applies to Father’s/Son’s Day. Cheers to all the sons here!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Years ago when we lived in Humboldt, I was on a committee of the women’s group in our church that planned and held a Daughter’s Day program in May. Not every female was a mother, but every female had a mother. By celebrating Daughter’s Day we recognized all. I think the same applies to Father’s/Son’s Day. Cheers to all the sons here!
We used to have a Father/son banquet at our church, and a Mother/Daughter banquet on a different date. One couple that was close friends with our family had three boys. For the banquets, one of the sons would be loaned to my father for the night, and in return one of us girls would be loaned to "Mama Millie" for the other dinner. :D

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Time to just hang out in here. The off season has stirred up the craziness, especially in the already crazy ones.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

You didn't happen to belong to Our Savior's Lutheran in Humboldt, did you?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Headed for South Dakota on Saturday, I have to sing at a memorial service for the vixen's cousin. Seems like once they find out you can sing a little bit, you get asked all the time........

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron