Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Congrats and have fun. My niece is still looking (graduated in Dec) I'm pretty sure she is trying to stay in the elementary grades.
If someone really wants to be a teacher, become a science teacher. Local school had one resign and had 0 applications.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
7/8th grade social studies

Tough age. My mom did a year of 8th grade English...I think two classes...while also being the junior high choir director.

There's a reason she stuck mostly with 3rd/4th grade for the most of her 15+ years of total teaching. Old enough to use the bathroom/tie their shoes for themselves, young enough to not quite have that teenage sarcasm yet. (At least, back then. Things have certainly changed)

Mrpopps

Apr 3, 2020
Tough age. My mom did a year of 8th grade English...I think two classes...while also being the junior high choir director.

There's a reason she stuck mostly with 3rd/4th grade for the most of her 15+ years of total teaching. Old enough to use the bathroom/tie their shoes for themselves, young enough to not quite have that teenage sarcasm yet. (At least, back then. Things have certainly changed)
Middle schoolers being sarcastic? Never:jimlad:

Reactions: SaraV

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
7/8th grade social studies

Congrats!
My wife teaches 7th grade special education. She was previously at an elementary school. She liked the age, but not the administration.

She has come to have a love/hate relationship with 7th graders. She actually really likes that they are old enough to understand sarcasm and she can joke around with them, but the attitudes can be a bit much sometimes. She's pretty tough and doesn't let them get away with too much crap though.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
WHO and I heart radio, do the 1,000 cash thing every day, I would like to win it once, the $1,000 would be nice. But the fun part would be when they record your statement to play on the radio. I want to say "Hookers and blow, baby, Hookers and blow" LOL I don't know if I would actually say it but I like to think I would. :D

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
WHO and I heart radio, do the 1,000 cash thing every day, I would like to win it once, the $1,000 would be nice. But the fun part would be when they record your statement to play on the radio. I want to say "Hookers and blow, baby, Hookers and blow" LOL I don't know if I would actually say it but I like to think I would. :D
Maybe **** Iowa

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron