Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Less reputable breeders, whether described as a puppy mill or not, are often careless in their breeding practices. Their dogs and pups are likely not registered with the AKC, but still may represent the dogs as purebred. These breeders may not have their pups tested for ailments/conditions common to the breed(s) being bred. They probably sell pups at their regular high rates when they know a pup has some issue that will cost the new owner a large vet bill or continuing medications. Typically, a reputable breeder will require that a new owner who later decide they do not want the dog must give the breeder the opportunity to take the dog back. They will do what they believe is reasonable to protect their reputation as breeders.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Problem student called the chair to bully him into changing the grade.
He told her that's not how it's done. There's a process to follow. Also, they might bring me back. Still adjuncting, but that's something.

Also, I suspect that I'm the first person maybe anywhere that "stood up" to this particular student. The bullying and gaslighting is fun, but yeesh.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Went shortish 16 mile bikeabout. Slow, windy. DND

Good I Spy day:
  • Mile 4: Gal walking her fat red & white corgi.
  • Mile 5.5: Bare-chested* adult gal walking the pedestrian path. Not something you see everyday. IMHO she did have the youth and petite breasts to totally pull it off. ;)
  • Mile 8: Vintage Porsche 911 Targa

** Last year police in my suburb made a big deal of confronting and trying to ticket some gals at a secluded Mpls Park beach that's within our city limits (sort of an odd boundary thing). Not illegal per Minnesota state statute but Mpls Park Board still had it on the book that female breasts were lewd. They changed their rules to match states so chests are chests in the park (if you so choose).

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Went shortish 16 mile bikeabout. Slow, windy. DND

Good I Spy day:
  • Mile 4: Gal walking her fat red & white corgi.
  • Mile 5.5: Bare-chested* adult gal walking the pedestrian path. Not something you see everyday. IMHO she did have the youth and petite breasts to totally pull it off. ;)
  • Mile 8: Vintage Porsche 911 Targa

** Last year police in my suburb made a big deal of confronting and trying to ticket some gals at a secluded Mpls Park beach that's within our city limits (sort of an odd boundary thing). Not illegal per Minnesota state statute but Mpls Park Board still had it on the book that female breasts were lewd. They changed their rules to match states so chests are chests in the park (if you so choose).

We may need the name of said park...ya know...for research.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Oh yeesh...

Husband and I both just got a text from his aunt. His grandparents' former house is going to go up for sale, and the seller reached out to Aunt to see if anyone in the family wanted to purchase it before they put it on the market. Husband has ALWAYS wanted to buy that house. I've driven by the house many-a-time, but never been inside. (Grandpa died before we met, Grandma was in a care facility and I met her once)

It seems to be in decent shape. Not too big, not too small yard. Problem: We have no money. Gaaaaaahhhhh. Not to mention we just signed our lease through next June. Meh.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Yup. Technically the breeder owns her and we are the guardian family. Once she is done breeding (probably five but no more than six litters) she is ours for good.

I've forgotten what breed is she?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That's why I ask my questions.
It's definitely not an arrangement I'd be part of. When something raises red flags for me, there's usually something there to be uneasy about.

Sounds like a good way to get a possibly expensive dog for free, while still getting to have a affordable family pet.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't always have my phone with me when I'm bustling around the lumberyard, I probably should, just to see how many steps I'm getting. I'm guessing it's plenty, though. :rolleyes:

It's pretty amazing how they pile up.

I used to be against counting steps/tech with the mantra of 'just keep moving' but if I see that I'm a bit low it's a good reminder to get out and go for a walk to get that movement in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron