Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
A very distant relative (my grandmothers, first cousins grandson) was "violently murdered" today. Must be something about that name. There are at least two other distant relatives with the same first and last name as the guy murdered.

Now that it is Facebook official. We are expecting our third and final child just after the Cyclones win the national title in January. Negotiations on attendance are ongoing. Today's appt was at the Iowa River Landing office instead of the hospital. Damn that is so much easier to get in and out of than the hospital. Unfortunately since MrsWx is high risk due to her heart we won't be coming back to IRL and will be back at the hospital from now on.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Robocalls every few hours accompanied by e-mails and links.
I haven't seen the news updates, so I guess I'm not quite sure if it's more info or not. Sounds like a real mess to work through.

That's way too often IMO

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I apparently have a drinking problem. Turns out i must be sleep drinking. I have noticed over the last couple weeks that there are less and less bottles of beer in my fridge. So I must be drinking them while sleeping. Thinking about getting professional help about it.

Seems the most likely solution. No way my soon to be 21 year old son is drinking them……gotta be sleep drinking.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I apparently have a drinking problem. Turns out i must be sleep drinking. I have noticed over the last couple weeks that there are less and less bottles of beer in my fridge. So I must be drinking them while sleeping. Thinking about getting professional help about it.

Seems the most likely solution. No way my soon to be 21 year old son is drinking them……gotta be sleep drinking.

Sometimes I catch myself drink drinking.

Like last week when I was camping, I had 6 beers in my cooler paddling around, and only had a couple, but then when I got back to my site, they were all empty.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Toyota has some great ads for the Olympics, but I do find it funny how they have to shoehorn the Olympics into all of them. Case in point: there's an ad where a boy is asking his crush to go to a middle school dance and it's adorable. But the dance is an "Olympic Days Dance." Toyota, we all know those aren't a thing

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Time to start warning them that you seem to be sleep walking and sleep drinking more since stuff is disappearing.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

All your liquor is water too I bet.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Enjoyed watching the superstar race from Knoxville on CBS just now. Glad to see a cool different event shown on a big stage like that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I do feel sorry for my son a bit. When you have a dad who has had exactly one beer this year out of the one six pack he bought for the Super Bowl, you can’t just claim dad forgot one he drank. I had a sizer from a year before that had 1-2 gone before also. Along with the stuff my wife drinks disappearing at least it’s going somewhere I guess. With the wife and I trying to drop a few pounds it kills that 1 in a million shot that I may go drink one.

Reactions: wxman1

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I do feel sorry for my son a bit. When you have a dad who has had exactly one beer this year out of the one six pack he bought for the Super Bowl, you can’t just claim dad forgot one he drank. I had a sizer from a year before that had 1-2 gone before also. Along with the stuff my wife drinks disappearing at least it’s going somewhere I guess. With the wife and I trying to drop a few pounds it kills that 1 in a million shot that I may go drink one.

Fwiw I'm kind of jealous that I didn't think of that when I was 20.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
wkrp turkeys.jpg

The wild ones do! In my yard this morning. Got separated from the flock, freaked out on my deck , flew into the house and than around the house and up into the oak above the others. No baby turkeys were harmed in this adventure.

DSC_4921 turkey 600x400.jpg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Domestic turkeys don't fly because they have been bred for massive chests. Those scrawny wings don't have enough ooomph to get those boobies much more than a short jump off the ground. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.