Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I used to think one of the grossest things to encounter was used Kleenex’s when you left a store. Now it’s used masks laying around.

• Agree
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A strange observation I've noticed during this whole pandemic is men's hair, especially hair color. Two things have stuck out well, first was who had their hair colored professionally. You don't turn gray in a matter of 3 months, at least not from none to about 90% gray. The second is the people still coloring from home. One guy we know has really nasty, greasy looking hair and does the dumb and dumber haircut. In his 50s and it always has that cheap, home dyed look. Definitely a difference between home dyed and professionally done.

Women I haven't paid too much attention to because I think even women aren't sure what their natural hair color is and most admit to coloring their hair. There have been a few that have struck me, due to the election, I noticed Joni Ernst went gray fast and am guessing she colored it hard, one like that I've noticed. My nearly 80 year old MIL still colors, my mom was too cheap and never did.

• Informative
Reactions: oldman

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A strange observation I've noticed during this whole pandemic is men's hair, especially hair color. Two things have stuck out well, first was who had their hair colored professionally. You don't turn gray in a matter of 3 months, at least not from none to about 90% gray. The second is the people still coloring from home. One guy we know has really nasty, greasy looking hair and does the dumb and dumber haircut. In his 50s and it always has that cheap, home dyed look. Definitely a difference between home dyed and professionally done.

Women I haven't paid too much attention to because I think even women aren't sure what their natural hair color is and most admit to coloring their hair. There have been a few that have struck me, due to the election, I noticed Joni Ernst went gray fast and am guessing she colored it hard, one like that I've noticed. My nearly 80 year old MIL still colors, my mom was too cheap and never did.
I've never dyed my hair and never will.
I bought a pair of clippers and finally cut my own hair in July. Did it again in October and will most likely cut most of it off real soon. The front doesn't look so bad but the back is difficult. Not that many people see me.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I bought a pair of clippers and finally cut my own hair in July. Did it again in October and will most likely cut most of it off real soon. The front doesn't look so bad but the back is difficult. Not that many people see me.

Is that going to affect your too attractiveness that keeps the ladies from hitting on you?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not watching that game. Watched a couple minutes tonight and then bailed and tuned in the WBB game that started at 630. I see by the thread we lost. Not going to waste my time watching something that frustrates me and definitely not going to pile into the game and end of the program threads. It's 2020 and there enough none joy that I don't need to go looking for more. Kinda down to RTT and WBB forums plus a very small dose of football thread.

One of our managers is an Iowa fan. I've mentioned calling in sick.
I doubt that I watch that one.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I've been coloring mine since my late thirties. I got my first grey hairs while still a teenager...genetics...and when hey started coming in more frequently and plucking was no longer a viable option, I went to a professional and had her match my natural color at that time. I went in about every five weeks to get the roots touched up. With long hair, if you use home kits it's a nearly impossible task to get it evenly distributed, and requires at least two people anyway. Also, if you don't use the right products, your hair turns to a straw-like texture. F that.
I haven't been to see Suzanne since February. I've just been letting the grey grow out (along with my bangs). I figure if anyone notices (and they probably do!), they'll just attribute it to "covid hair". I usually wear it twisted into a clip on the back of my head, so the front is about 75% grey and what's in the clip is still auburn. I'm slowly trimming the ends off, but it will take several years for it to grow out enough to get rid of the last of the colored part. The color is fading over time, too, so that helps.

Covid hair for men equals longer hair & bad home haircuts. Covid hair for many older women equals photo-negative bottle-blond roots. :D

Reactions: BoxsterCy

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I've cut my own for about 20 years. I use a #2 (1/4") guard and go to town. Wife trims up the back, and I do around my ears in the mirror, hit the shower, then look to see where I missed. I cut it about every 6-8 weeks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've cut my own for about 20 years. I use a #2 (1/4") guard and go to town. Wife trims up the back, and I do around my ears in the mirror, hit the shower, then look to see where I missed. I cut it about every 6-8 weeks.
I cut my dads and will lightly trim mine. Go to the barber 3 times a year. Sometimes just twice. He doesn’t cut my hair as short so he can get me in 3 times I think. I wife goes every three weeks. Used to be every two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron