Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's ok. But I dont think the CDC said leftovers cause COVID. ;)

Maybe that was the news that finally killed Kbob's Good News Covid Thread. Half the posts in there had me thinking of Prof. Farnsworth in Futurama.

5181a5b8-6e3d-466f-9cea-8f900375fd42-720-000000640b9c2bac.gif

Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just popped the cork on a bottle of Roederer Estate Brut, cause still a holiday and not my fault there's nobody here but me to drink sparkling champagne like wine with.

Does not seem to be expired. ;)

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Welp going to have to push hard to get things done tomorrow. I think the Mn job just got extended the person I cover for has lost their sense of taste today. Money is ok but I really have stuff down here to work on. Not really a FML more of why now situation.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Overall a good day. Started drinking early, MrsWx questioned it and I reminded her that her parents were coming. Both of us nearly slapped her brother, I nearly got kicked out of my own house. Had a great walk on a beautiful day with the kids and dogs, and now her mom, SIL and husband (apparently they are staying together) are still here. I am going to bed shortly so whatevs.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Overall a good day. Started drinking early, MrsWx questioned it and I reminded her that her parents were coming. Both of us nearly slapped her brother, I nearly got kicked out of my own house. Had a great walk on a beautiful day with the kids and dogs, and now her mom, SIL and husband (apparently they are staying together) are still here. I am going to bed shortly so whatevs.

Tell us about the BIL deserving to be slapped.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Tell us about the BIL deserving to be slapped.

long story short he wanted to show everyone their wedding pictures so they could decide which ones to get. To do this he decided to set up a zoom with their sister in LA and made everyone see them at the same time. We assumed this was because they were on the photographers website or something that wasn’t easy to access.

Nope just on his computer which means he could have easily shared them via host of different virtual ways for everyone to view them on their own.

I also forgot that my MIL was ridiculed my FIL because he asked for salt before even sitting down. It went something along the lines of “Your daughters and I just made this entire meal from scratch and it is very rude to ask for salt before even trying anything”. It was amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
long story short he wanted to show everyone their wedding pictures so they could decide which ones to get. To do this he decided to set up a zoom with their sister in LA and made everyone see them at the same time. We assumed this was because they were on the photographers website or something that wasn’t easy to access.

Nope just on his computer which means he could have easily shared them via host of different virtual ways for everyone to view them on their own.

I also forgot that my MIL was ridiculed my FIL because he asked for salt before even sitting down. It went something along the lines of “Your daughters and I just made this entire meal from scratch and it is very rude to ask for salt before even trying anything”. It was amazing.

Now notice, if you thought marriage got easier after 5/10/20/even 40 years, reconsider that thought.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife had the Christmas tree up on Wednesday and decorated yesterday. All the Christmas lights going for a week, I hate Christmas stuff within hours of thanksgiving and even want to wait until December.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Wife had the Christmas tree up on Wednesday and decorated yesterday. All the Christmas lights going for a week, I hate Christmas stuff within hours of thanksgiving and even want to wait until December.

We have had all of our stuff up for a couple of weeks now. Usually I am a wait until after Thanksgiving type but I just didn't give a damn this year.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We have had all of our stuff up for a couple of weeks now. Usually I am a wait until after Thanksgiving type but I just didn't give a damn this year.
My wife believes she needs to be doing something all the time. Like vacations, she can’t hang on the beach, says she can but within 30 minutes, if not napping, she is getting owly that we are wasting vacation time doing nothing. But she will also go on a vacation with no idea what to do there.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
We did some horsetrading for Thanksgiving this year. Traded pecan pie for homemade yeast crescent rolls and a family recipe Spanish tortilla de patatas. We're finishing up the tortilla for breakfast this morning....mmmmmmmmm...
This sounds like a winning strategy.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
We did some horsetrading for Thanksgiving this year. Traded pecan pie for homemade yeast crescent rolls and a family recipe Spanish tortilla de patatas. We're finishing up the tortilla for breakfast this morning....mmmmmmmmm...
I love tortilla Española! It's been years since I've made one but now I might have to put it on the menu soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron