Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I can say that mine probably don’t. We don’t have any that I can think of. When I go to blue earth, MN I curse theirs because they are the only ones and taking a combine through one sucks. I would say drive time is where they would work in them.

They probably need to make them the more "driveable" type. There are a couple in neighborhoods near my parents that also have to main truck access so they've got a softer curb and the inside 4'-6' has a stamped concrete sidewalk. You can get up and over it if you are going slow, but if you were to try and hit it at speed going straight through it would probably break something.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
So....seeing that I get to deep fry this turkey, how do I do it? I know that I should stick the bird in my the fryer with water and see how full of oil it should be before I do anything, but everything I’ve seen says peanut oil (I honestly can’t take things fried in peanut oil, something I picked up with lactose intolerance). So I can cook it and eat the ham and have the wife mad at me or eat the turkey and regret it for 24 hours. I’m pretty much screwed either way.

It says to put the oil to 350 degrees, is there a thermometer that I dip in there to see the temp? Not fond of being that close to burning oil

Check out Alton Brown's guide to frying turkeys. It's on both Food Network and Youtube. Might be a little overkill but seems like a decent way.

Plus I don't know if I've ever had a bad recipe of his.

Reactions: BCClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Put a liberal amount of some bulk cayenne pepper, that I bought for just this sort of thing, on the squirrel gnawed crabapple branch. Sprayed some olive oil on first as a "bonding" agent. Hoping they enjoy licking the pepper for their paws. Little *******.

View attachment 78266
I have to say that at first, I thought you were showing us three deer feet.

• Haha
Reactions: oldman

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Put a liberal amount of some bulk cayenne pepper, that I bought for just this sort of thing, on the squirrel gnawed crabapple branch. Sprayed some olive oil on first as a "bonding" agent. Hoping they enjoy licking the pepper for their paws. Little *******.

peppered crabapple.jpg
Could be trouble. Look closely.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Well just got done with a call from my dad. I thought my grandma had gotten through with this but I guess things have kind of turned in the last 24 hours. She hasn't eaten in her last two meal times. We are trying to line up to be able to do a zoom call tomorrow.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got a BB gun for fun?

Talkin' Daisy? She shoots .177 pellets also. She might get moved back to her doorside location. Gave my .22 Crossman airguns to my grandnephews a couple months ago. Still have a really old one that charges from a refill tank...just like this one:

10-24-09-02.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Talkin' Daisy? She shoots .177 pellets also. She might get moved back to her doorside location. Gave my .22 Crossman airguns to my grandnephews a couple months ago. Still have a really old one that charges from a refill tank...just like this one:

10-24-09-02.jpg
Just ones to pop those tree rats and watch them scurry away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron