Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Also, prepare yourselves for mass quantities of typos. My desktop is at the computer hospital for a tune-up, and I'm typing on my new, considerably smaller laptop with the distinctly UNergonomic keyboard. It's going to take some time getting used to it...

There is this thing called a backspace, might have an arrow pointing to your left also, it will erase typos after you make them.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Whole bunch of stuff happening around here now and over next couple of weeks. Thank goodness it’s all outside, although snow isn’t on the desired list. Can’t wait to get it all started, yet wish the big one - siding, gutter, downspouts - had begun weeks ago. Do not like so many jobs AND online work things to come pouring in on me at once. Need to practice writing checks, too.
Sigh.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So we did a popular park and trail last Saturday at a park in WI and on Wednesday there was a stabbing murder on the trail in broad daylight late morning. So that's horrifying.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Dusting of snow here in CR.

We have sold more than enough seats to guarantee the B-17 comes down next weekend so you should all come visit me at the CR airport! Exterior static viewing is free 2-5PM.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just a dusting in Ames and already up to 37 degrees :)

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I was going to post this last night and forgot.
There is a movie currently streaming on Netflix that I highly recommend:

The Trial of the Chicago 7

I was pre-disposed to like it because, well, Aaron Sorkin. But we were BOTH mesmerized by the sheer audacity of the trial judge. As Lew put it, "I have never been so pissed off by a movie".

Reactions: SCyclone

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
How was your day? Productive, relaxing, aggravating, too short, too long?
I finally pulled out my stove to clean its sides, the wall behind and cabinet walls beside; cleaned the top and did the self clean. Got the storage/warming drawer clean as well and even threw away a couple items from it. Man, those simple tasks take forever! Glad it’s done, still wishI had more to show for today.

Last edited:
Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.