Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Bumping because we're waaaaay down the page even in Off-Topic and...

Did I miss something? Is @BoxsterCy taking a sabbatical, or do we start a caravan up to the Twin Cities to claim his stuff?
I saw a guy on a bike this morning, who was booking it off of hwy 69 onto a county highway. He was an older gentleman with longer gray hair and a mustache. When I passed him and got a look at him I wondered why @BoxsterCy was riding around central iowa.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I saw a guy on a bike this morning, who was booking it off of hwy 69 onto a county highway. He was an older gentleman with longer gray hair and a mustache. When I passed him and got a look at him I wondered why @BoxsterCy was riding around central iowa.
Boxster's Brimley stache is full on grey, but the mop on top is still pretty dang black. :D

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Well then you shouldn't generalize about professionals wasting time maxing out billable hours if, in fact, you do not experience such. My clients wouldn't be my clients if they didn't similarly find that I save them money and that I spend my time wisely. There aren't government subsidies for lawyers.

1600893716826.png

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
@CloneLawman, I just read a book by Jerry Buting (one of the defense lawyers in the Steven Avery case in Wisconsin, which Making a Murderer was about). Very excellent book. I e-mailed him and his co-counsel Dean Strang, told them I appreciated the effort they put forth to win a not guilty verdict for their client.

Has to be one of the worst miscarriages of justice in history.

(BTW, they both responded to me with very nice e-mails.)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Which retread is Busch_Latte? BDK?

It’s funny that these “new posters” all find their way immediately to the Cave. Goes for Ankency too.

There were an awful lot of 'Cyclone random number' posters that seem to come and go that I thought was interesting. Like a 'Cyclone12' and Cyclone 26 or something.

Perhaps they were legit but they seem to pop up only at certain times.

Reactions: GMackey32

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
@CloneLawman, I just read a book by Jerry Buting (one of the defense lawyers in the Steven Avery case in Wisconsin, which Making a Murderer was about). Very excellent book. I e-mailed him and his co-counsel Dean Strang, told them I appreciated the effort they put forth to win a not guilty verdict for their client.

Has to be one of the worst miscarriages of justice in history.

(BTW, they both responded to me with very nice e-mails.)
I've watched Seasons 1 and 2, so I know who you are talking about. Buting reminds me of Steve Prohm a bit.

I don't know enough about the facts and evidence to render a more professional opinion, but it was quite clear that:

1) Prosecutor Ken Kratz is one of the biggest POS around and was an absolute embarrassment to the profession.

2) The detectives who interrogated Brendan Dassey should lose their badges.

3) The idiot attorney who was appointed for Dassey initially is also an absolute embarrassment to the profession. Check this out...

Last edited:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I've watched Seasons 1 and 2, so I know who you are talking about. Buting reminds me of Steve Prohm a bit.

I don't know enough about the facts and evidence to render a more professional opinion, but it was quite clear that:

1) Prosecutor Ken Kratz is one of the biggest POS around and was an absolute embarrassment to the profession.

2) The detectives who interrogated Brendan Dassey should lose their badges.

3) The idiot attorney who was appointed for Dassey initially is also an absolute embarrassment to the profession. Check this out...

Not to load up the thread with a bunch of MAM discussion, but you have to include Deputy Sheriff Andrew Colborn in that list of POS's. He called in the number of the license plate of the missing woman without ever having seen it (ESP?), plus 2 or 3 days after the woman was reported missing, a citizen informed Colborn that he had seen her vehicle parked along a state highway several miles from the Avery property. This information was never reported by Colborn. (The prosecution's theory was that the woman's vehicle never left Avery's property.)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
On an unrelated note, the vixen's uncle (her Dad's brother, the last remaining sibling now that Dad passed away) is hospitalized with COVID and is having breathing problems. Plus we just recently lost one of her very close friends from church unexpectedly from a heart attack. My wife is cursing 2020 and hoping it is over soon.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Our company's policy for coming back to the office changed again this week. Now we get 126 days from now until 12/31/2021 that we can work from home.

Great news for my anxious daughter.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Took work off since its the GFs Bday. Told her we were going to Mason for breakfast. Still home, waiting for her to get ready. Story of my life.

That sounds exciting. Can't imagine why it's taking her so long, unless she's trying to avoid it. Mason City is roaring these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron