Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That's a really good deal (no cash for 6 weeks) and you posting that you are there every day is free publicity for the gym. I wouldn't feel guilty about it. That being said, if you post from the gym every day you will be "that guy". Luckily, we'll know why you are posting every day.
Wxman FB posting at the gym everyday:
1600721340513.png

"I'm just posting here so I don't get fined."

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
$120/month for a gym membership???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I paid more than that in NY. Granted it was for more of a small group / boot camp class. (4x week). It was worth every penny for me.

If you are looking for instruction/coaching/direction/motivation you are going to pay for it. If all you need is the weights than yeah, that might be a little high.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not that you need any help, @Ms3r4ISU , but your right to post sonething one of the "positives" doesn't like has been defended.
Oh-kay ... Help me out. I’m on my phone, which is not conducive to easy searching.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well 1st time since they've opened I've been disappointed in Wingstop. Called in order and got lost in the land of hold. 2nd call went thru and got my order placed. I think they forgot to put the garlic on the garlic parmesan wings and instead of tossing them like they usually do I think they just sprinkled a little Parmesan over the top once they were in the carry out container. Didn't learn of it till I got home because I wanted to have a beer with them.

The beer however made up for the mediocre wings it is a watermelon/wheat made by RiverHops in the Dirty Dodge. Stopped in there the other night and saw that on the list and had them can me one up for home consumption.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well 1st time since they've opened I've been disappointed in Wingstop. Called in order and got lost in the land of hold. 2nd call went thru and got my order placed. I think they forgot to put the garlic on the garlic parmesan wings and instead of tossing them like they usually do I think they just sprinkled a little Parmesan over the top once they were in the carry out container. Didn't learn of it till I got home because I wanted to have a beer with them.

The beer however made up for the mediocre wings it is a watermelon/wheat made by RiverHops in the Dirty Dodge. Stopped in there the other night and saw that on the list and had them can me one up for home consumption.

A 40 ouncer will make nearly everything taste better.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thinking about starting a new gym that a friend is getting good results at. They have a six week free thing but then it is $120/month and they require you to post on FB that you are there everyday during the six weeks (required to go five days a week). We can't afford the $120/month so I would feel a little wrong about doing it and then not paying anything and I am absolutely not a fan of the daily posting.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have a pasture about a mile away with a few head of cattle in it. One cow (presumptive gender; can't see it from here) has been mooing, LOUDLY, for 2 days now. It may be mooing while we're sleeping too. We have the windows open and we can easily hear the silly thing OVER our tv. Wonder what her problem is?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We have a pasture about a mile away with a few head of cattle in it. One cow (presumptive gender; can't see it from here) has been mooing, LOUDLY, for 2 days now. It may be mooing while we're sleeping too. We have the windows open and we can easily hear the silly thing OVER our tv. Wonder what her problem is?

You now have the thought process of married men.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Could have they just recently weaned calves? That'll do it every time. Some are quite vociferous when this happens. Was at a customer's place today where they had weaned over the weekend , unhappy ladies and babies there.

Reactions: cowgirl836

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Could have they just recently weaned calves? That'll do it every time. Some are quite vociferous when this happens. Was at a customer's place today where they had weaned over the weekend , unhappy ladies and babies there.
Now that you mention it, that's probably the case. Duh! I should have thought of that.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.