Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think I am able to start going back into the office. I sent an email asking for clarification. If I can that means I have to start showering and shaving on a regular basis again.
It became kind of nice to just get out of bed and throw on a pair of shorts and a ratty t-shirt.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think I am able to start going back into the office. I sent an email asking for clarification. If I can that means I have to start showering and shaving on a regular basis again.
It became kind of nice to just get out of bed and throw on a pair of shorts and a ratty t-shirt.

You saying you look like Tim Tebow on the new Heisman house commercials?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I watched the first 2-3 episodes when it first came out, then lost interest. There were too many other things catching my interest on TV at the time to spend time on it.
Yeah, that's why I'm glad I'm watching it now. I can just binge them when I have time. Because I'm also terrible about regularly following a show on tv

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It does get really old having people **** on your profession (and, by extension, you), especially when they aren't having a negative experience with an attorney.

And everyone gets defensive about things like that. If I started "joking" on here about how farmers are dumb hicks and welfare queens and how engineers are socially inept and are only good at looking at numbers and don't understand how that influences the real world, farmers and engineers wouldn't exactly find that funny
But those things are true about farmers and engineers.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Don't get me wrong. I like the dogs, but not as much as I would like that money in the bank account or invested.

I would be perfectly happy if we didn't get dogs and probably more happy with a few extra grand per year in my pocket.

They just aren't worth the money. They just aren't
74ecefabf82f0a614e3c7cbfe0be636e.jpg

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Heard an unofficial rumor this morning that I will never go back to the office.

• Optimistic
Reactions: NWICY and oldman

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Thinking about starting a new gym that a friend is getting good results at. They have a six week free thing but then it is $120/month and they require you to post on FB that you are there everyday during the six weeks (required to go five days a week). We can't afford the $120/month so I would feel a little wrong about doing it and then not paying anything and I am absolutely not a fan of the daily posting.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Thinking about starting a new gym that a friend is getting good results at. They have a six week free thing but then it is $120/month and they require you to post on FB that you are there everyday during the six weeks (required to go five days a week). We can't afford the $120/month so I would feel a little wrong about doing it and then not paying anything and I am absolutely not a fan of the daily posting.
That's a really good deal (no cash for 6 weeks) and you posting that you are there every day is free publicity for the gym. I wouldn't feel guilty about it. That being said, if you post from the gym every day you will be "that guy". Luckily, we'll know why you are posting every day.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I'd be screwed with the facebook part. I'm not starting one for that. Best way is to get another person to do the workout with you. It pushes you so you don't let the other person down.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
That's a really good deal (no cash for 6 weeks) and you posting that you are there every day is free publicity for the gym. I wouldn't feel guilty about it. That being said, if you post from the gym every day you will be "that guy". Luckily, we'll know why you are posting every day.

MrsWx just suggested changing the visibility on the posting to just the gym and myself. Not sure if the gym can see that or not. I agree it's a great deal and the FB posts is great visibility and marketing for them but it just feels wrong when you are required to do it everyday.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
MrsWx just suggested changing the visibility on the posting to just the gym and myself. Not sure if the gym can see that or not. I agree it's a great deal and the FB posts is great visibility and marketing for them but it just feels wrong when you are required to do it everyday.
Likely it's proof to them that you are honoring the commitment to be there daily.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They just sent an email out stating they are looking at the week of Oct 5th for a return to office. If you want to go in. I think they are going to be pretty flexible on working from home for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.