Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have to run into the office to do something that I have to be physically plugged into the network. The office is also near Costco. Should I pick up even more vodka? :rolleyes:
That first part sounds painful. I say "yes" to more vodka. It won't spoil even if you lose electricity.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I could take some initiative and clean my bicycle chain.

Or I could just take a mid-morning nap.

And, why not both. Ordered a chain cleaner thingie but like all bike stuff it's out of stock so did it the old messy way with tooth brush, degreaser, paper towels etc. Shiny!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Damn, five separate tornado warnings out in Minnesota right now. Not a hurricane like hit Iowa but the weather talking heads are getting kinda jacked up.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Any dog owners have experience adding a 2nd dog to the house while just having one dog for a long time? We have had our dog about 5 years, and decided to adopt another dog recently. The new dog is younger (3) while the one we have had for a while is closer to 9. The new dog follows us around and loves attention; just recently, the dog we have had for a while is starting to ignore us. I assume this is normal as it is probably a tough adjustment for her, but its breaking my heart, lol. How long does it take for our old dog to be comfortable with another dog in the house?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am glad to see Milana Vayntrub back as Lily on the AT&T commercials. And speaking Spanish which made me chuckle.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Any dog owners have experience adding a 2nd dog to the house while just having one dog for a long time? We have had our dog about 5 years, and decided to adopt another dog recently. The new dog is younger (3) while the one we have had for a while is closer to 9. The new dog follows us around and loves attention; just recently, the dog we have had for a while is starting to ignore us. I assume this is normal as it is probably a tough adjustment for her, but its breaking my heart, lol. How long does it take for our old dog to be comfortable with another dog in the house?

Never

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The you're all going to die sirens sounded. Got a flashlight out and poured another bottle of wine and channeled from Yankee game to weather talking heads.

Didn't last but half an hour. Watching baseball again. Very narrow gust front and now good to go for the weekend.

Weather dudes were talking about some trees down and I am thinking "Dude, just shut the **** up, cause Iowa."

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The you're all going to die sirens sounded. Got a flashlight out and poured another bottle of wine and channeled from Yankee game to weather talking heads.

Didn't last but half an hour. Watching baseball again. Very narrow gust front and now good to go for the weekend.

Weather dudes were talking about some trees down and I am thinking "Dude, just shut the **** up, cause Iowa."

The bottle of wine didn’t last half an hour? Now I’m sure you had the Spanish channel on.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Pretty easy day. Finished helping neighbors clean up and pretty much most of us around us are done now. We still have some down that I am going to attempt tomorrow afternoon I think. Was raking up all the twigs and leaves and decided a fire would be more fun than taking them to the curb so we are doing that tomorrow night.

Loaned our generator out to a family friend who has her elderly parents staying with her. the older areas are absolutely decimated and I see no way that Alliant meets their goal of Tuesday night by midnight for almost everyone to be back on by.

We live in an area known as Bowman Woods and lets just say it can hardly be described as a woods anymore. Had my first realization that the landscape has changed as I was washing dishes with sunlight blinding me through the window above the sink. All of our shade trees are gone.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Pretty easy day. Finished helping neighbors clean up and pretty much most of us around us are done now. We still have some down that I am going to attempt tomorrow afternoon I think. Was raking up all the twigs and leaves and decided a fire would be more fun than taking them to the curb so we are doing that tomorrow night.

Loaned our generator out to a family friend who has her elderly parents staying with her. the older areas are absolutely decimated and I see no way that Alliant meets their goal of Tuesday night by midnight for almost everyone to be back on by.

We live in an area known as Bowman Woods and lets just say it can hardly be described as a woods anymore. Had my first realization that the landscape has changed as I was washing dishes with sunlight blinding me through the window above the sink. All of our shade trees are gone.
Saw some KWWL footage tonight. Just insane the amount of tree damage. Heard Cedar Valley humane society got their generator stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.