Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wind getting crazy here. They just poured the garage footings about an hour ago. As I type, the wind went from 40 to 5 in a snap.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife is going to get her REAL-ID drivers license. I did the background stuff and found several of the things she needs. I then called the county recorder to line up the info for her birth certificate. She chose to have the form emailed to her instead of filling out in there. So I reminded her 4-5 as she is filling it out DO NOT SIGN IT. She needs to do it when she is there. Takes roughly 2-3 minutes to fill out, so I'm reminding her about every 30 seconds or so. She signs it. For being a teacher, she does not follow directions worth a crap.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Wife is going to get her REAL-ID drivers license. I did the background stuff and found several of the things she needs. I then called the county recorder to line up the info for her birth certificate. She chose to have the form emailed to her instead of filling out in there. So I reminded her 4-5 as she is filling it out DO NOT SIGN IT. She needs to do it when she is there. Takes roughly 2-3 minutes to fill out, so I'm reminding her about every 30 seconds or so. She signs it. For being a teacher, she does not follow directions worth a crap.
Clearly she GIVES the directions rather than FOLLOWING them. You need to embrace that. :mccaffery:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The humidity was 97% this morning when I took my early morning walk. After that front blew past the humidity dropped to about 45%.
That makes going out to mow the lawn now a lot more tolerable.

Reactions: CloneLawman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That looks more like a "You're all going to die" radar image.
Thought I was going to. But we weren't at home. We were about 8 miles south of Vinton, heading for Fairfax, when the storm hit us.
storm damage resized.jpg
This happened 100 yards from us where we were parked on the side of a gravel road. Took several hours to pic our way down to Fairfax...had to keep back-tracking for trees, silos, power poles & live wires across the road. At the peak wind, I was absolutely convinced that we were going to get flipped - the corner of the car kept lifting. I have never EVER been so freaking scared in my life.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I don’t care for the new upgrade. Now instead of dialogue, people just push dumb on a post and just retreat without saying why.
Eh, I don’t know. I think people are maybe using it a bit more because it’s new, but I would probably use a combination of dislike, disagree, funny, and useful if I didn’t have it. Or maybe just not do anything. I don’t think it’s cutting down on that much conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Eh, I don’t know. I think people are maybe using it a bit more because it’s new, but I would probably use a combination of dislike, disagree, funny, and useful if I didn’t have it. Or maybe just not do anything. I don’t think it’s cutting down on that much conversation.

I see a few posters will hit the same people with it no matter what. Even read one where they basically said what the other person said but they marked it dumb. Proves some people don’t read posts, they respond who it is. I find myself not pay attention to their posts since they do stuff like that. To me I mark them as I would respond if the person was standing there. I can’t find myself ever calling someone dumb or stupid. It’s just me I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'm coming out to Iowa this weekend. I don't think there's much damage where I'm going though.
As we were driving back home on 30, we were stopped several times for powerlines (even on the highway!) and a couple of semi that flipped or jackknifed.
I honestly thought of you at one point when I told Lew "We have COWS!". Their fence was damaged, and we had to wait while they were herded back off the highway. :D

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I see a few posters will hit the same people with it no matter what. Even read one where they basically said what the other person said but they marked it dumb. Proves some people don’t read posts, they respond who it is. I find myself not pay attention to their posts since they do stuff like that. To me I mark them as I would respond if the person was standing there. I can’t find myself ever calling someone dumb or stupid. It’s just me I guess.
There are at least two posters who mark nearly everything I say in the cave. CyBri thinks I'm "dumb", and CriticalObserver thinks I'm "funny" -not haha funny but stupid funny. Generally speaking, neither one is much for logic, educated debate, or even coherent thought. :)

I use dumb for some posts, because there is just no other way to describe them. 9 times out of 10 though, I will reply to their post with an explanation.

Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.