Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Has anyone ever seen people doing photoshoots at the top of a parking ramp before?

I had never seen this before, but have now noticed it three times in the past month. Is this some trendy Zoomer thing?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Has anyone ever seen people doing photoshoots at the top of a parking ramp before?

I had never seen this before, but have now noticed it three times in the past month. Is this some trendy Zoomer thing?
Well, KCCI did live filming from a city parking garage during the early protests in Des Moines.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

I would say senior pics but doesnt seem right timing wise

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Been three weeks and my elbow still seems to have some “issues”. Wondering how much longer I give this. Seems to slowly getting stronger. Wonder if it’s a strained ligament.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Been three weeks and my elbow still seems to have some “issues”. Wondering how much longer I give this. Seems to slowly getting stronger. Wonder if it’s a strained ligament.

One more thing I miss about my 20s--if I had a strain or something, it was good in a few weeks.

Been battling a calf issue for almost a year now and every time I think I turned a corner, it's sore or just has that 'feeling' that I know it isn't better.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The vixen and I started watching Bloodline on Netflix a couple weeks ago. We got hooked almost immediately - it's very well written and acted. We're in the middle of the second season and last night's episode just blew me away.

I read that they shot the vast majority of the show live in the Florida Keys, at great expense....but it really works.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Any RTTers have celiac disease, or know someone that does? Both my Dad and brother had/have it, and during my testing at Iowa City in June, my celiac numbers were way high. I saw a gastroenterologist (sp?) last week, and she said the fact that I have no celiac symptoms is amazing. I'm getting tested at the end of the month, and crossing my fingers that I don't have to radically change my diet. It's a b*tch avoiding gluten.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Any RTTers have celiac disease, or know someone that does? Both my Dad and brother had/have it, and during my testing at Iowa City in June, my celiac numbers were way high. I saw a gastroenterologist (sp?) last week, and she said the fact that I have no celiac symptoms is amazing. I'm getting tested at the end of the month, and crossing my fingers that I don't have to radically change my diet. It's a b*tch avoiding gluten.
My wife is not "celiac" but appears to have an extreme sensitivity to gluten. If you wind up looking for gluten-free recipes, let me know. She even found a bread recipe that is tolerable.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You need OG Elmer Fudd to come over. He can be retrained on chipmunks. The new reboot dude with no gun will be no help.

View attachment 73526

View attachment 73527
You'll have to get some regulations changed for Fudd as well to go hunting gopher.
tenor.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Box has been quiet since that photo. Can someone from the MSP area go check on him? Maybe he went hand to hand with that rascal and it was tougher than it looked or it had another 4-5 buddies that box didn’t see right away.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Box has been quiet since that photo. Can someone from the MSP area go check on him? Maybe he went hand to hand with that rascal and it was tougher than it looked or it had another 4-5 buddies that box didn’t see right away.
Boxster is fine. I don't even think he went Full Boxster. He calmly explained "I can take you out of here warm or I can take you cold". Here's the report out of MSP:

Chip.jpeg

This is the way!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My wife is not "celiac" but appears to have an extreme sensitivity to gluten. If you wind up looking for gluten-free recipes, let me know. She even found a bread recipe that is tolerable.

Yeah, my Mom struggled to make palatable bread using rice, soy, almond flours, to no avail. Dad used to eat a lot of cornmeal muffins. He had to find a way to get the peanut butter to his mouth. :)

And Dad's favorite party line was, "Most guys dream about Jennifer Garner, or Catherine Bell, or Jennifer Aniston. I dream about cinnamon rolls, and peanut butter toast, and coffee cake."

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yeah, my Mom struggled to make palatable bread using rice, soy, almond flours, to no avail. Dad used to eat a lot of cornmeal muffins. He had to find a way to get the peanut butter to his mouth. :)

And Dad's favorite party line was, "Most guys dream about Jennifer Garner, or Catherine Bell, or Jennifer Aniston. I dream about cinnamon rolls, and peanut butter toast, and coffee cake."
Had to look up Catherine Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.