Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wind curse is alive and well. 17 mph and gusts to 25 mph. Grrrrr.

Did spy a yuge trumpeter swan while biking by Crane Lake and by than the wind was sorta at my back so that was cool. The ride up the twin Camel Humps on Plymouth Road was less fun. Not in hill shape.

DND

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Im out sitting on my parents front porch. They live on one of the main roads in town so there's a lot of traffic. If I took a shot for everyone I see driving while on their phone, I'd be in the hospital.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Im out sitting on my parents front porch. They live on one of the main roads in town so there's a lot of traffic. If I took a shot for everyone I see driving while on their phone, I'd be in the hospital.

I've had a couple of people almost rear end me from texting while following me...but they were wearing a mask (unnecessary for driving alone) so clearly they were thinking about safety.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I've had a couple of people almost rear end me from texting while following me...but they were wearing a mask (unnecessary for driving alone) so clearly they were thinking about safety.
Operative word: “were.”

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Annoying fly in the house. Snatched him out of air with one try with my hand. Not Mr. Miyagi level with chopsticks or anything like that but not bad for a senior citizen and quite satisfying.

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pie in the oven. Slice for breakfast but then none till Sun. work interferes. It can rain now outside stuff is done.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Truth on the eyeball thingie. Actually packed some eye wash on a couple bike rides last year when it was at it's worst.
I just told Lew I don't even feel safe to drive right now. My vision is so blurred from all the crap building up in my eyes. Zaditor is barely making a dent this season. GAAAHHH!!!

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
You guys are dealing with eye problems...

I did not apply sunscreen well enough on my arms while out fishing. ow.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well the 2nd pie was as good as the first. Work took too long so no bike ride for me today. Picked up .75" of rain which was ok. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You guys are dealing with eye problems...

I did not apply sunscreen well enough on my arms while out fishing. ow.

Hopefully you wore sunglasses to protect your peepers. ;)

I slopped on some screen on my nose yesterday. First time I dug into the Cancun supplies this summer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And, just going to assume this is tracked too far east and didn't account for the BCC storm magnet influence. The Boxster Model has this running right to north central Iowa.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And, just going to assume this is tracked too far east and didn't account for the BCC storm magnet influence. The Boxster Model has this running right to north central Iowa.

Looks like the storm thinks the woman is really hot.

EDIT: Or extremely unattractive, pending how you look at it.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Hopefully you wore sunglasses to protect your peepers. ;)

I slopped on some screen on my nose yesterday. First time I dug into the Cancun supplies this summer.

Yes, did that, AND put sunblock on my face, but not on my arms. Which is dumb of me. But I'm thankful for at least applying it to my face because I have an appointment to renew my license a week from Tuesday. Don't need a bright red peeling face for five years on my license.

Status
Not open for further replies.