Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That's too bad. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong.
We adopted Milo & Molly (his sister, and the only two non-walk-ons we have) after Smudgy & Garf died. Smudgy was the 3-yr-old that I mentioned in the previous post. 18 lbs of lap cat wannabe. Garf (Smudgy's brother) died a year later while we were on vacation...our cat sitter found him. They were the two "snuggly" cats, and I missed them so badly that we went & found Milo & Molly. Milo has slept on my pillow for six years now. He purrs me to sleep.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Okay...I'm done crying now. I think.
Milo has a LOT of abnormalities in his blood work...but no definitive diagnosis yet. He's back at the vet. They're waiting for him to provide a urine sample. Blood work doesn't indicate kidneys much, but they want to rule it out. WBC is 36K. There's an inflammation somewhere, but he didn't hear it in Milo's lungs or heart. Not a blockage (slow onset of symptoms as opposed to immediate). After the urinalysis and a repeat couple of other tests (FiV & FiL) he had as a baby, that's as far as my vet can go, and Milo would be referred to ISU. I've gone that route before, with mixed results (gave a 13-yr-old cat an extra four years, gave a 3-yr-old cat an extra three months, for different conditions).

I'm sorry if I'm over-dramatic, but these cats (Milo in particular) are my "kids".

I remember when the vixen and I had to say goodbye to Jinx (our cat of 17 years). Jinx was the cat that turned me into a cat person.

Of course I had to take her to the vet......(someone else couldn't bring herself to do it) and we went into the room, and the vet's assistant asked if I wanted to stay while she administered the drug. I decided that was a little more than I could take. On my way out, I looked back, and Jinx was giving me a look like "Where are going, Daddy? Why aren't you taking me with you?"

Needless to say, that was a long night (and several more, to be honest) for both of us.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We adopted Milo & Molly (his sister, and the only two non-walk-ons we have) after Smudgy & Garf died. Smudgy was the 3-yr-old that I mentioned in the previous post. 18 lbs of lap cat wannabe. Garf (Smudgy's brother) died a year later while we were on vacation...our cat sitter found him. They were the two "snuggly" cats, and I missed them so badly that we went & found Milo & Molly. Milo has slept on my pillow for six years now. He purrs me to sleep.

And I thought we had unique names for our cats (all outdoors) as we were growing up: Blackie, Whitey, Salt, Pepper, Butter, Mama Kitty. I guess we did have Maybelle early on.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
And I thought we had unique names for our cats (all outdoors) as we were growing up: Blackie, Whitey, Salt, Pepper, Butter, Mama Kitty. I guess we did have Maybelle early on.
In our married life, Lew and I have had a number of cats pass through. From the first one forward: Fritz, Jezebel & her son Shere Khan (Khannie) were mine when we met, Ghost was his; Ashley passed through while the boys were still at home but we found another home for her. After we moved to our acreage, these were walkons or born here (other than M&M): Mellow Yellow (Mel), siblings Cricket, Smudgy & Garf, siblings Milo & Molly, and mother/son duo Button & Tab. The only ones we didn't name are Milo & Molly. They were about 8 months old by the time we adopted them, and it seemed best to leave their names intact. We did have to get permission from one of our granddaughters - we wanted to be sure she would not be offended if Grandma & PapaLew had a cat with her name. :D
Mel (15), Cricket (10), Milo & Molly (6), Button (4) & Tab (3) are the current indoor sextet.

In case you couldn't tell...I rarely go with "common" names. :D

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Out of my second food staple, milk. Ran out of first, bananas, a couple of weeks ago.

Good news is this came from Amazon today and one of the ingredients is milk so I'm good.

20200331_162648 cf scale.jpg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Out of my second food staple, milk. Ran out of first, bananas, a couple of weeks ago.

Good news is this came from Amazon today and one of the ingredients is milk so I'm good.

View attachment 70962

Those caramel ones are the bomb.

Also how do you pronounce it? Care-a-melle, Car-muhl, Care-muhl, or care-a-muhl? Any others I'm mussing?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I say caramel. Not Chicago born or raised. Not bred or conceived there to my knowledge either.

I'm a Winnebago County born and raised. We generally do it right so that should settle it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Wait, there's more than one?

Also Chicago-area born and raised
I feel like south side is more like the da bears da bulls snl skit than other places in the city. But I've mostly lost my south side accent since I've been gone for 15 years.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Welp, Milo is still not producing enough urine so they have not been able to get a sample yet. The vet referred to dehydration, still doesn't think it's kidneys. Poor Milo has to stay there overnight. My pillow is going to be very empty tonight. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.