Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
So, Hy vee is still out of dish soap... Why would you hoard this? One bottle usually lasts over a month in our family. Even with the extra hand washing.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I hate how on these renovation shows they waste time looking at 2 other houses and then act like they're interested in them. The person has already bought the house they 'end up picking'.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Since it's Z and I tomorrow morning, I doubt that I make the town hall meeting.
As for IT or CELT, they can only troubleshoot what I already know.

Canvas help has been spectacular. I had a long chat with someone Friday night and solved a bunch of issues.
I think the major issue is that my equipment is lacking and I'm not someone they're going to invest in. Maybe early into a full-year contract, maybe, but not this late in a one-term deal.
:(

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I made coffee cake this morning. May have to slow down the baking, not as much butter in the freezer as I thought. Tried a new recipe and needed just a few more minutes in the oven but no one complained. Pulled up church online and put it on the big tv. You can email the parish a family picture, they were printing them off and putting them in the pews. Was nice to “see” people in the pews. :)

Added to the home gym. Hubby and the oldest mounted her pull up bar (instead of just having it over her doorframe) and hubby helped my set up my TRX knock-off system. Need the home gym to offset coffee cake and Scotcheroos and cookie pizza and all the other goodies we have made.

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am also smoking meat today. Pork shoulder has been on since 7 and is progressing nicely.

I am co-hosting a live streamed flight tomorrow at noon aimed at kids stuck at home but everyone should tune in!

I am just breaking through the temp stall in the 170s, mid 180s now on the brisket. May be tough to be ready by 6 and that is an hour later than I hoped. If nothing happens by 5, I will tin foil it and speed it up and have it by 6:30.

Still putting some things of moms away. Came across a couple things I never paid attention to before. There is this old photo album with the old, old pictures in it. Talking before my mom was born, when her parents weren't even born and my grandma was born in 1897. There is a picture of of my great great grandparents and a couple of their kids. This photo is not in the book. On my great great grandmas lap she is holding what appears to be a photo album, very suspiciously like the photo album that was along with this and another 10-20 photos. Found it interesting.

Also what appear to be an odd marriage license or something for my great grandparents. In German but does say 1893 and I can read my great grandparents names and Eldora, Iowa.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ric Flair 30/30. Sadness like a lot of these, but also a really interesting look into pro wrestling.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
So, Hy vee is still out of dish soap... Why would you hoard this? One bottle usually lasts over a month in our family. Even with the extra hand washing.

Because people, as a whole, are stupid. Add a pandemic, and they go to a whole new level.

In all honesty, supply can't keep up with demand. First off...

1) My store's been out of hand sanitizer since March 4th. That was a week before the excrement really hit the oscillating blades. I know people were coming in asking for it, saying both WalMart and Target were out, too.
2) I'm not sure how much the powers that be are trying to order. Just enough to fill the shelves without any backstock, or just a bit of backstock? Not sure, but with some things, we're only getting a third of what we're asking for.

So yeah, initially, I'd totally blame a) the hoarders, and b) the businesses that didn't immediately jump to putting restrictions on the most bought stuff. But companies/vendors just can't materialize product out of thin air.

All I can suggest is call your local store, ask when their next truck is coming in carrying [item], hopefully they'll tell you, and be there at the time of store open. (Most trucks are overnight)

Reactions: cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Daughter is upset that she can't go out to her friends place. There are a few that I would allow, but this family is not one of them. Am guessing neither parent is staying home and neither is the daughters friend. Gotta be the parent I guess.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Daughter is upset that she can't go out to her friends place. There are a few that I would allow, but this family is not one of them. Am guessing neither parent is staying home and neither is the daughters friend. Gotta be the parent I guess.

TL,DR: there's still people being really stupid about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.