Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Any Harry Potter fans on here? I heard someone describe it as when the Chamber of Secrets is opened in the second book/movie and people are talking about Hogwarts having to close and no one really seems to have a good handle on the situation. Maybe not that extreme but I thought it was a good comparison.

Read that series with my oldest niece one she was young. I borrowed the 1st book from her when she was done then I bought her the rest of them all in hardcover when they came out I'd get a copy also and we would race to the end it was a lot of fun.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anybody want free passes to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island for Saturday? 4 adults and 1 kid.

Ended up canceling out. When it appeared I would have to eat the whole thing, The idea of me and the oldest going out since we weren’t bound to be back for Wednesday was floated. Mrs BC wasn’t kind to the idea of her not getting to go, so I cancelled the whole thing.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Anybody want free passes to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island for Saturday? 4 adults and 1 kid.

Ended up canceling out. When it appeared I would have to eat the whole thing, The idea of me and the oldest going out since we weren’t bound to be back for Wednesday was floated. Mrs BC wasn’t kind to the idea of her not getting to go, so I cancelled the whole thing.
my mom and sister were going to New York this weekend but backed out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
my mom and sister were going to New York this weekend but backed out.

I feel comfortable with handling myself. I wash my hands probably 20 times a day or more. Do NOT put my fingers in my mouth, most disgusting habit IMO, and I open public doors with something or someone between it and me. But I did t want everything to close and then have taxi or plane issues while there.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Looks like they are cancelling and closing everything in NY. All travel sites and numbers are jammed or the companies have ran away from them. So it appears we are going to pee away 3k down our legs or take a risk of not being able to get back.

Have some cash from a sale coming in tomorrow. If we don't go, I'm sticking it in stocks for about three to five months and rolling the dice that I can get a 5-10% return and get this money back.
We booked through Expedia. I got disconnected from them 31 times yesterday before finally talking to somebody. We are probably going on our trip but have until about noon to decide.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah and NWICY

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We will obviously have to see how things pan out, but this is one time where it may be advantageous that we play such a wonky softball season. Practice is slated to start beginning of May.

One thing we were going to get done over spring break was to find a prom dress. Now do we even worry about it? I am more concerned they will cancel the April ACT date (same day as prom).
Our ACT day is April 4. How about yours?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
CG's post reminded me...

Helping out on the floor, had a guy come through my line with 6 bottles of Jameson...and TP. And pop and some other stuff. I think Jameson is on special. #DontDrink

After trying Jameson for the first time, I suddenly realized why so many Irishmen are drunks. (Apologies to any Irish people, that's not such a great joke.)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
NDY

And not panicking, still have 50.5 bottles of wine on hand.

Popped cork on an old bottle that's been in my cellar for like 10 years. Dusted it off and was guessing it was probably skunked out but it wasn't and was totes delish.

Bought two dumbbells at Wallymart this afternoon so I can at least do some toning stuff at home if I decide not to go to germ gym. The price stickers are all ****** up so I had to Google the Wallymart site on the phone to get the price, not like I could ask peeps that work there. Went through self check under the eyes of two employees. Walk 15 feet after that carrying the dumbbells, you don't put them in a sack, and get challenged by the door minion. I've got the receipt in my hand. He asks to see my receipt and after a couple fails he get's it scanned and than ******* scans the two items. I am not sure he could read. Than he asks if it is just these two. Now I am pretty sure he cannot count. I stifled the response of "No, I got another couple dumbbells stashed away in my back pocket" and also the "Yeah, two, just like the ******* receipt says. Two." ******* Wallymart. Only 2nd time I've gone to one of these in Minnesota.

I can't stand going in Wally World. The Walton family has to be the greediest clan in America. Check out a doc titled Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price sometime. You'll detest that store even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.