Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
There are some real jackass truck drivers out there.

I was going into a left turn lane with about 5 or 6 vehicles ahead of me. I stop next to a Speedway entrance, with two lanes of traffic in between. This asshat trucker is trying to pull out, wanting the same lane I'm in of course, and starts blocking both lanes of traffic. . The stoplights at this intersection have the stupid flashing yellow arrow, you never get a green arrow. 2 cars get to turn left before the light turns red.

Then this ****** honks at me, tells me to back up so he can pull out more. I do and get over to the straight lane, not a big deal. Trucker pulls out some more and almost hits the pickup that was in front of me with his trailer. The light stays red, but with a flashing yellow left arrow, while the cars on the opposite side get the green, but they can't go anywhere because the trailer is still blocking both lanes, so no one can turn left either. Trucker pulls out some more, opening up one lane so cars can finally flow through. Light turns green after about 5 minutes and I leave that clusterfuck behind.

Sorry if this is confusing.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My threat has always been that I bite kneecaps. :D
And yes, I realize the humor in it! But before I gave up skiing, I used to laugh at the looks I would get from all these tall guys with skis shorter than mine. :D

tenor.gif

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Im on my way there myself in a couple minutes. Basketball game. JV starts at 4. Will go up for the daughters game there and then rush back since the fighting cybirdies are at the kid's school for wrestling.

Have fun. If you even think about coming within half a block of the house, the dogs will give you a piece of their mind

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Had the same pair of wooden Kneissl blue stars for years. Long skis...185cm. When I was first learning to ski, they measured the ski by stretching your arm straight up, and the tip should reach to your wrist. Nowadays, everyone skis on shorter skis made of fiberglass and other compounds. I wouldn't trade my blue stars for anything...I could ski just fine on them.

DAMN. Those are a cm longer than mine. I can't imagine what that'd be like, being goblin-sized with this size of ski.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Dr. Z is now operating. I tried to load a picture. How did the Charlie Horse end up upside down?!

She's calling the pieces bag 'the gut bag'

Reactions: wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Some idiot scheduled a major network change for Friday night and they told clients it had no impact which is 200% the opposite. Been on numerous conference calls since 4:30 pm Monday.
This weekend is Anheuser Busch's biggest weekend of the year, even bigger than an ISU bowl game. I have trouble believing they will even consider letting this through.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Is she the one hoping for Vet school? If so she is off to a great start,

That has always kind of been why she has said, but don’t want her to do it because everyone thinks she should. I would love for her to find some niche like dog physical therapy or something. I am pretty sure she will end up at ISU so at least she will be off to a good start. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Last night was the quarterly meeting of the St. Olaf Lutheran Church Foundation board (yeah, I'm a member). We have an endowment approaching $2.5M....every year we earmark a portion of it to be granted for things like missionary support, community projects (like homes for battered women, etc), and so on.

Last night we voted to give away nearly $100,000 for several very worthy causes in the community. It's rewarding to be involved in things like that. :)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Last night was the quarterly meeting of the St. Olaf Lutheran Church Foundation board (yeah, I'm a member). We have an endowment approaching $2.5M....every year we earmark a portion of it to be granted for things like missionary support, community projects (like homes for battered women, etc), and so on.

Last night we voted to give away nearly $100,000 for several very worthy causes in the community. It's rewarding to be involved in things like that. :)
I would love to have the money to start a foundation. We've been doing our yearly events to donate to Nebraska Spina Bifida. It would be so cool to have a foundation that you could donate money to them and other worthwhile causes.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone
Status
Not open for further replies.