Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This city girl just googled if you could milk beef cattle...

Nooooo....?????
Well, techinically, you can...

But why would you want to?

My grandparents usually had a Guernsey in a small paddock near the house for milking purposes. Wasn't worth the time to milk Herefords. They didn't eat the Herefords, either - that was the cash crop. They raised breeding stock, but even the culled calves went elsewhere to be fattened for market.

Nope, they had chickens & sheep for the dinner table. After my father left home, he vowed to never eat mutton again. And since I never had it as a child, I've never bothered to learn how to cook it as an adult. No mutton, no rack of lamb, no lamb chops...nada. Weird, huh? Now Spanish goat...that's a whole 'nuther story. Best BBQ meat EVAH!!!

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
Thinking about starting a new gym that a friend is getting good results at. They have a six week free thing but then it is $120/month and they require you to post on FB that you are there everyday during the six weeks (required to go five days a week). We can't afford the $120/month so I would feel a little wrong about doing it and then not paying anything and I am absolutely not a fan of the daily posting.

Sounds like you are talking about Elite Edge. Its a great program. Bootcamp style cardio 3 day/week and free-weight resistance training the other 3 days. The FB stuff is kind of annoying but it is only during the 6 week program - all you have to do is check in - no comments or anything. You do have to pay like $399 up front and then if you follow all the rules and lose 20 lbs you get all your $$ back or they will apply it towards a membership. If you pay a year in advance the cost is significantly lower - like $999/year which isn't bad for daily instructor led training.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife just brought home something that I'm deciding what to do with. Remember those senior tours back in the day? The came to the local town back in 1997 (don't remember exact, going off the names that I have). They did fundraisers for the local area and then made a few bucks themselves. They would do things like sell their jerseys that they wore and then signed things. Well, the person who was in charge of this part was a douchey Iowa fan. He went and bought an Iowa basketball poster for them to sign and sell. So it is a hawkeye basketball poster with all these ISU signatures on it.

Oohhhh....one other thing, it apparently ticked off the first signer, either Pratt or Willoughby, so as each signed it, they spit on also. It is ISU stuff but it is a stinking hawkeye poster.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Wife just brought home something that I'm deciding what to do with. Remember those senior tours back in the day? The came to the local town back in 1997 (don't remember exact, going off the names that I have). They did fundraisers for the local area and then made a few bucks themselves. They would do things like sell their jerseys that they wore and then signed things. Well, the person who was in charge of this part was a douchey Iowa fan. He went and bought an Iowa basketball poster for them to sign and sell. So it is a hawkeye basketball poster with all these ISU signatures on it.

Oohhhh....one other thing, it apparently ticked off the first signer, either Pratt or Willoughby, so as each signed it, they spit on also. It is ISU stuff but it is a stinking hawkeye poster.
If you have either Pratt or Willoughby DNA then we need to clone them

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Ha. I went to one of those. Why don’t they exist anymore? Because those guys go play in Romania right away?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you have either Pratt or Willoughby DNA then we need to clone them

I remember them spitting on it, but can't tell you where. It was from one of her friends that just gave it to her. They will always buy stuff like that, the wife is a good donor back to local causes. She just doesn't keep stuff like that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Hopefully they also scribbled out all of the tigerhawks on the poster while signing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Sounds like you are talking about Elite Edge. Its a great program. Bootcamp style cardio 3 day/week and free-weight resistance training the other 3 days. The FB stuff is kind of annoying but it is only during the 6 week program - all you have to do is check in - no comments or anything. You do have to pay like $399 up front and then if you follow all the rules and lose 20 lbs you get all your $$ back or they will apply it towards a membership. If you pay a year in advance the cost is significantly lower - like $999/year which isn't bad for daily instructor led training.

It is indeed Elite Edge. I believe they said it is down to $299 right now.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I checked my sister's gym for rates and the most expensive for an individual is $70 per month if you want to go with no contract.
$48 a month with a 1 year contract or $542 if you pay the whole year in advance.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron