Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good news for when it's time to come for my stuff. Sent FB messages to five closest family members regarding some antique furniture asking "Want or no?". No response from any of them. Not even the antiques crazed cousin.

I don't really like old furniture but hung onto a couple pieces because my mother had refinished them and all. Lawyer book case for LC and this burl oak dresser for someone else. ;)

burl oak cf scale.jpg

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This wasp bite now is red with a white center. Looks like acne. Wondering if I should pop it and throw some H2O2 and/or C3H8O on it.

You had better do something before the little baby wasps under your skin get bigger and start to crawl out and fly away.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
**** Menards and **** cheap LED lights. Wired up for a new shoplight in laundry to replace old florescent fixture. Plugged in new LED. Looked pretty good. About 30 minutes later and hear a big POP. And it's dead. And, no, it was not the circuit breaker.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Taking a break and watching an inning or two of Yankee baseball. Cleaning house and placed a "come get it for free" Craigslist ad for CWW#2's old Pioneer SX-750 receiver. It is staticky and one channel is out. I had over 30 replies this afternoon within a couple hours of posting it. :eek: I mean it was a $400 unit back in 1977 but wasn't expecting that response. Knew it was kinda collectible but it's not working and is a "repairable".

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
**** Menards and **** cheap LED lights. Wired up for a new shoplight in laundry to replace old florescent fixture. Plugged in new LED. Looked pretty good. About 30 minutes later and hear a big POP. And it's dead. And, no, it was not the circuit breaker.
We have some of those in the shop and they work fine. Cheap stuff is hit or miss though.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Get the red LED lights. Will give you a new mood light.

View attachment 73946

Any chance I get to post this gif and clip, I do.

And for that, I thank you.

When-Kramer-Gets-Blinded-Light.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You do tractor rides?? If you like it so much I can let you ride one for a week in April and a couple weeks in October.

Those aren't real tractors. Real tractors go pop-pop-pop and have a yuge flywheel with a big belt turning and slapping off of it running some dangerous arm/leg mangling piece of vintage equipment.

Been thinking about dangerous old equipment since I found a letter from my dad yesterday, circa 1974 I think. Was telling me how he just pulled into a farmyard as a guy feed his leg into an auger or as my dad put it "..clear up to his crotch". Dad's old WWII combat medic training came in handy as everyone was kinda freakin' at all of the blood. He got a tourniquet on the leg until an ambulance could get there.

#anotherCFinducedBoxsterflashback

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Those aren't real tractors. Real tractors go pop-pop-pop and have a yuge flywheel with a big belt turning and slapping off of it running some dangerous arm/leg mangling piece of vintage equipment.

Been thinking about dangerous old equipment since I found a letter from my dad yesterday, circa 1974 I think. Was telling me how he just pulled into a farmyard as a guy feed his leg into an auger or as my dad put it "..clear up to his crotch". Dad's old WWII combat medic training came in handy as everyone was kinda freakin' at all of the blood. He got a tourniquet on the leg until an ambulance could get there.

#anotherCFinducedboxsterflashback
Great your dad happened along and even more so that he had the knowledge to help, probably nothing for him since he didn’t have bullets whizzing by him.

Never drove the poppers. My uncle had an A with steel wheels but dad said it was too dangerous for 11-13 year old BC to drive. I still have a 960 Ford which is the first tractor I ever drove at age 5. What was my dad thinking slapping me on a tricycle front tractor at 5 and turning me loose?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
NWS Mpls: "There are no watches, warnings, or advisories at this time." :eek:

Was looking at the central Minnesota map and it was just white, no colors and was sorta WTF? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron