Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm going to have a consultation this morning with an orthopedic surgeon, for my shoulder. Torn rotator cuff, and something else is also torn per MRI. Not sure what happened or when. Been ongoing for 2-3 years now.

Good luck, hopefully maybe you can do rehab and not surgery. I finally went in last summer when both shoulders hurt enough to keep me from sleeping. Had small tears in each shoulder but not really surgery level stuff and he said an old guy like me is going to have those. Lots of inflammation. Opted for rehab and that worked out pretty well, they are sore but not so painful now. Not being able to go to fitness club to do the cable pull sets might be setting that back some this spring/summer, ******* 2020.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah I took most if not all pictures before noon. Wanted to beat the crowds and I’m glad we did. Leaving Devils Tower, there was a huge line to get in when we had strolled right in earlier in the day.

I had to edit a couple of photos on my phone on the fly while out there to match the colors I was seeing with the naked eye. Then had to go back and edit more photos by comparing them to the on the fly photos.

Back in the day I had a polarizing filter on the old 35mm film Minolta that was great for duplicating that sort of thing. Haven't really found the best way to do it simply in editing programs. Wish they had a similar variable polarizer like that old physical filter.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Saw a guy this morning doing push ups in front of Beardshear Hall. Wondering if he was waiting to give someone the business about his student loan repayments or just trying to be a Rocky wanna be.

Reactions: wxman1

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Back in the day I had a polarizing filter on the old 35mm film Minolta that was great for duplicating that sort of thing. Haven't really found the best way to do it simply in editing programs. Wish they had a similar variable polarizer like that old physical filter.
That would be nice to have. Having to edit on the fly, then use that as the template for the rest of the photos creates more steps. I only have a fraction of my photos done just because of the time it takes me.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
DH may have picked poorly to take a week off to do all the projects (mostly outside) that he couldn't the last 4 months. I'm glad I'm mostly working this week.

Day 1 of daycare, cried because he didn't want to come home and also because he didn't take a nap. Quarantine life has made nap time later than at daycare and apparently he didn't adapt yesterday. We'll see how today goes. Yesterday we got him early to get a short nap since he was clearly overtired..........and then bedtime took two hours even though again, he was tired. Too much excitement. Finally asleep at 10:45. So maybe he'll sleep at naptime today since he got much less sleep than he should have??

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The house behind me was watering the lawn. About 40% of the water was sprinkling directly on the driveway.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The house behind me was watering the lawn. About 40% of the water was sprinkling directly on the driveway.

Had our daily thunderstorm already so we should be good the rest of the day. Seemed dry for a while but we've actually had 7 inches of rain since June 1st. The heat has been baking stuff though.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Had our daily thunderstorm already so we should be good the rest of the day. Seemed dry for a while but we've actually had 7 inches of rain since June 1st. The heat has been baking stuff though.

Where I live, we have had maybe half an inch of rain in that same timeframe

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Click on imgur and it'll take you to its webpage. Idk why it formatted the way it did on here.

You didn’t happen to see a red Buick with ISU plates anytime, did you? My parents hit Devil’s Tower on their way out to WY, had a memorial service for my uncle, went out to Cody and Yellowstone, back to Rushmore (missed evening lighting on the 2nd because all the presidential stuff had everything closed down already), then they hit Sturgis, Spearfish, Custer area before driving back on Sunday. We have done that area as family vacation before since my mom’s two brothers lived in Gillette, WY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
DH may have picked poorly to take a week off to do all the projects (mostly outside) that he couldn't the last 4 months. I'm glad I'm mostly working this week.

Day 1 of daycare, cried because he didn't want to come home and also because he didn't take a nap. Quarantine life has made nap time later than at daycare and apparently he didn't adapt yesterday. We'll see how today goes. Yesterday we got him early to get a short nap since he was clearly overtired..........and then bedtime took two hours even though again, he was tired. Too much excitement. Finally asleep at 10:45. So maybe he'll sleep at naptime today since he got much less sleep than he should have??

Oh, don't worry....he'll get you on to his schedule eventually.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
You didn’t happen to see a red Buick with ISU plates anytime, did you? My parents hit Devil’s Tower on their way out to WY, had a memorial service for my uncle, went out to Cody and Yellowstone, back to Rushmore (missed evening lighting on the 2nd because all the presidential stuff had everything closed down already), then they hit Sturgis, Spearfish, Custer area before driving back on Sunday. We have done that area as family vacation before since my mom’s two brothers lived in Gillette, WY
I did not. I was actively looking for license plates throughout the weekend (because the 4 hour drive between Sioux Falls and Rapid City is boring so we started trying to find all 50 states) and didn't see any ISU plates. Rushmore was mostly shut down for us on the 5th because they are doing a bunch of repairs to the Presidential Trail plus COVID. Driving all the way out to Cody/Yellowstone is hike. That's our next National Park, but we're thinking about flying for that one.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Good luck, hopefully maybe you can do rehab and not surgery. I finally went in last summer when both shoulders hurt enough to keep me from sleeping. Had small tears in each shoulder but not really surgery level stuff and he said an old guy like me is going to have those. Lots of inflammation. Opted for rehab and that worked out pretty well, they are sore but not so painful now. Not being able to go to fitness club to do the cable pull sets might be setting that back some this spring/summer, ******* 2020.
Looking like arthro surgery, sling for 6-8 weeks, physical therapy after.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I did not. I was actively looking for license plates throughout the weekend (because the 4 hour drive between Sioux Falls and Rapid City is boring so we started trying to find all 50 states) and didn't see any ISU plates. Rushmore was mostly shut down for us on the 5th because they are doing a bunch of repairs to the Presidential Trail plus COVID. Driving all the way out to Cody/Yellowstone is hike. That's our next National Park, but we're thinking about flying for that one.
I need to know, did you stop at Wall Drug?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Last time we drove through there it was in a mini-van, and it was the Sturgis rally weekend, and we were sharing the road with hundreds of bikers...and it started hailing. I felt so bad for those bikers!

Status
Not open for further replies.