Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
On the phone with the fraud department of my bank. Someone somehow got my account number and routing number, had checks made and I am seeing electronic checks hitting my account.
Almost $1,500 worth so far. They just locked my account and are setting up a new account to transfer everything to. ******* thieves
Oh no! How did you find out? Seems the bank should have caught that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
On the phone with the fraud department of my bank. Someone somehow got my account number and routing number, had checks made and I am seeing electronic checks hitting my account.
Almost $1,500 worth so far. They just locked my account and are setting up a new account to transfer everything to. ******* thieves

The amount of time that these dikwads spend stealing from people, they could make just as much having a job and not risk jailtime.

Like the old bank robbers, most don't understand that these small banks that they try to pop have maybe 10k on hand and at most 20k (thats if you go to the vault and steal the bags of pennies and nickles to boot). A drawer may have 1-3k laying in it. Going to the vault usually means you will have cops contending with you because an alarm will get hit, so most say don't hit the vault so like ours would gain you 5-8K if you hit the drawers.

Then again the morons for cops in our town will give you a heads up if the alarm is tripped. They were so lazy that they would go through the drive through and ask if everything is ok since the alarm went off.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Will someone start a thread....maybe with a deceptively onerous title or some such. I want to be the first to reply. That is my thing.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nah...cmjh mentioned two brothers, and I thought he just had one sister. So I was trying to remember out loud...

Old brain, I suppose. You could stop by more often, you know...then we wouldn't HAVE to talk about you. :D

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Oh yes, you're all "old".

My little sister is 40, my youngest BIL, who was 12 when we were married, is 34.

So there's that.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Nah...cmjh mentioned two brothers, and I thought he just had one sister. So I was trying to remember out loud...

Old brain, I suppose. You could stop by more often, you know...then we wouldn't HAVE to talk about you. :D
I could. We'll see. I can't keep up with the rest of you.

For the record, I thought he only had a sister too.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Oh no! How did you find out? Seems the bank should have caught that.
I checked the account to see if a check I deposited earlier in the week had cleared. I noticed an electronic check at Staples 3 days ago for $750. I haven't been to Staples. Then I started looking closer and found more all in the last few days. Right after I got off the phone with the fraud department I called the HVAC guy to let him know the check I wrote him is no longer good. He's coming next week to finish the AC so I'll just give him a credit card being that I won't have new checks yet. I work with his cousin so it's cool.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Back to our random roots:

Lew has an ESPN notification on his phone that is a distinct tone. Right now, the notifications have been mostly closings & cancellations, but the one a few minutes ago was about the HOF announcements for the NBA/WNBA.

Lately, every time it has gone off, we've both been like "YAY! SPORTS!!!"

I think being housebound is starting to get to us...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Delta now letting me have two years to spend my airline credits. Checked costs for now 4 of us to hit wifes nieces wedding (had 5 tickets) and be there for about 30-36 hours and I will still put about 500-750 out of pocket.

Biggest problem is wife and youngest will be in DC so I have to get a ticket from DC to PHX for them and the PHX to MSP. My daughter and I will be cheaper than each of the one ways for the wife and youngest. Have to see if I can get the youngest to just hand out with the DC crew and have oldest come home and pick him up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just signed up for Disney+. Im like a kid on Christmas morning who hasnt had Christmas in like 5 years. Its literally my entire childhood on 1 screen.

We have Hulu, got ESPN+ for the ISU games that were on and the sports in general (should probably dump unless we get more ochos). Disney plus is around 2-3 bucks per month if you have them.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

I mostly talk about my sister, she isnt the brightest bulb. My brothers could go either way. At least one is going to ISU, so there is a decent shot he will end up good.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
We have Hulu, got ESPN+ for the ISU games that were on and the sports in general (should probably dump unless we get more ochos). Disney plus is around 2-3 bucks per month if you have them.

Yeah, gonna drop Netflix next weekend, steal off mom's account. Mom and sister are stealing off our Disney+. Also have Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron