Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
With the crappy weather they are going to do the furnace today and come back next week to swap out the AC heat exchange.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@Cybirdy or any other routine bakers.

how much difference does bread flour versus regular flour make. Jack wagons have depleted the bread flour every place I’ve seen and I can probably do one more batch. Kinda my corona thing I’m doing.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
@Cybirdy or any other routine bakers.

how much difference does bread flour versus regular flour make. Jack wagons have depleted the bread flour every place I’ve seen and I can probably do one more batch. Kinda my corona thing I’m doing.
I've wondered that myself. So many recipes that I see call for all purpose. The best I could find was bread flour absorbs a little more water.
I think I'll bake a loaf today. Gonna take the basic white bread recipe and substitute olive oil for shortening and then run some rosemary through a little blender to make it more like a powder and add a teaspoon or two of that to the flour.

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Too down of a day overall. Little bits of lots of things on the list, very few completed. I need some real comic relief.
And I don't mean the COVID-19 threads. They are just sad.
I've been watching Viva la Dirt League videos. They make fun of various gaming issues or playing. One series is of a npc character that has realized he's in a game and how he reacts to adventures... Or other situations.

Reactions: cmjh10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Somebody needs to inform my wife that there are other kinds of pizza than taco pizza. All she will order. Then she will look at what other people have and eat that, that means I get taco pizza mostly. You may ask why I don't just not order taco pizza. That is not a pretty site if I don't walk in the house with at least a 1/2 taco Pizza.

When I order/eat out, I will change things up even at places that I really like certain things of theirs. The wife orders the same Mexican food, the same chinese food, same pizza, etc etc. but will stare at the menu and be the last to decide. When we would go to McDonalds when the kids were young (we needed quick then), she would work the menu up and down several times and then say, just get me a quarter pounder.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wonder why I'm getting this ad now??

Anybody have any idea??? @BoxsterCy you have any idea??

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Somebody needs to inform my wife that there are other kinds of pizza than taco pizza. All she will order. Then she will look at what other people have and eat that, that means I get taco pizza mostly. You may ask why I don't just not order taco pizza. That is not a pretty site if I don't walk in the house with at least a 1/2 taco Pizza.

When I order/eat out, I will change things up even at places that I really like certain things of theirs. The wife orders the same Mexican food, the same chinese food, same pizza, etc etc. but will stare at the menu and be the last to decide. When we would go to McDonalds when the kids were young (we needed quick then), she would work the menu up and down several times and then say, just get me a quarter pounder.

1. Taco pizza is the best
2. Your wife, sounds very similar to my gf

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anybody know how to order a 1/2 and 1/2 pizza from caseys on the app or website? I usually have to call them in. Prefer to order it online and not call in

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you add a topping, you can pick it if goes on the whole pizza or a particular half

So I have to build the thing completely? I wish I could just say half this, half that. The three I had that wouldn't budge were taco, chicken bacon ranch, and bbq beef.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So I have to build the thing completely? I wish I could just say half this, half that. The three I had that wouldn't budge were taco, chicken bacon ranch, and bbq beef.

I'm not certain any pizza app let's you do half one special and half another special. Sounds like a million dollar idea.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm not certain any pizza app let's you do half one special and half another special. Sounds like a million dollar idea.

Wouldn't be difficult. Where it has quantity, have 0.5 in there. When you check out, just have it so it doesn't allow a 1.5 type order. Makes you have a whole number.

Now if I could just remember my C++ coding I could have a chance to fix it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Status
Not open for further replies.