Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Unless I have some lawn bags in the back of the truck (which is a 50-50 shot) I am out. At least I got the stuff picked up and bagged that I wanted to get done this week.
I'll bag the first time I mow and that is going to be soon.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not for my kids, they may not make it through it alive
A friend showed this meme on Facebook:
91768252_10157977758420586_7849930702064713728_n.jpg

My response to her was that I didn't think I had enough duct tape on hand to get Lew up there and keep him up there.

She told me to stop feeding him so he would lose weight & make it easier. :D

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It has already been a loooooooong year, and we're just starting the second quarter. :(
When sports start up again it will be interesting what ticket prices do. I would bet demand is pretty high and will especially be high on the secondary market. People still have to have the money to pay for them though

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
A friend showed this meme on Facebook:
91768252_10157977758420586_7849930702064713728_n.jpg

My response to her was that I didn't think I had enough duct tape on hand to get Lew up there and keep him up there.

She told me to stop feeding him so he would lose weight & make it easier. :D
Oh, we could get him up there........

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Well, I realized that if you think of positing in the covid threads, it is best to be done by 9am. At that time it turns to a couple people going back and forth at each other.
Statefan is going to give himself an aneurysm. Good thing CF isn't pay to play or he'd be broke. And still not SIP.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Word around here is it'll be mid-June before things are loosened up. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Getting patio bids though to tear apart the yard, probably not til fall though. Guess we can at least do all our gardening and flower stuff though. Just no hanging out with friends or Craft Beer week for poor DH. And both our birthdays, I suppose.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Oh, we could get him up there........

I still have a half a case in my basement. I used to do work for a company that if you used one roll, would call the whole thing damaged and you just scrapped it out.

Lew's response: "I don't like your RTT friends much. They think too much like me!" :D

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
So we all know about the virus going around. Its causing meat prices to plummet, which means our packers arent overly anxious to buy our product. Demand is low, so they can't sell anything. Now, planning on potential slowdowns/shutdowns of plants. Work is going to be a ***** this year.

On top of that, Im back to wanting to find a different job. Probably pretty stupid to do that for the next 6-12 months. So now, I have to decide, do I stay here and be "miserable" or risk job security to find something better suited.

I know, 1st world probs, but man, too much to think through most days.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
When sports start up again it will be interesting what ticket prices do. I would bet demand is pretty high and will especially be high on the secondary market. People still have to have the money to pay for them though
Don't know about anywhere else, but Pollard sent out an email saying ISU AD has frozen ticket prices & will not be adjusting the donor levels (as was previously planned).

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
So we all know about the virus going around. Its causing meat prices to plummet, which means our packers arent overly anxious to buy our product. Demand is low, so they can't sell anything. Now, planning on potential slowdowns/shutdowns of plants. Work is going to be a ***** this year.

On top of that, Im back to wanting to find a different job. Probably pretty stupid to do that for the next 6-12 months. So now, I have to decide, do I stay here and be "miserable" or risk job security to find something better suited.

I hate to say this, but you're probably better gutting it out in your current job. If you quit (and don't have another one already lined up) you're probably SOL in terms of jobless benefits (unemployment compensation).

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

no reason you can't job hunt. If you don't feel it's a strong opportunity, you say no. Honestly if someone is hiring at the moment, they probably really need the position filled.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I look for jobs just to laugh now.

Status
Not open for further replies.