Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Or just wait a couple more days and the gym will be closed. :rolleyes:

Not going to the gym is likely to be a very tough change for me, way worse than just hangin' around the crib. Just can't justify if though.

I've actually been absent from the gym.
I figured I was ready to get rolling, but I can't see gyms staying open right now.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Also MrsWx has been nagging me about getting another dog but I am a hard pass on that one right now. Yesterday she took LilMissWx to PetSmart to pick out a toy and collar for the current dog. She found a little bunny bit instead of giving it to the dog she claimed it as her own and has been carrying it around everywhere and slept with it last night.

Stay strong, I know the feeling

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
May have 3 kids doing online classes and a wife teaching one. May tell the wife to go into the school since she would be the only one in her room and I would struggle to find a fourth place. Have 3 figured out to put distance between them but not four.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Neighborhood rumor is people who bought moms house is putting g up a fence. Probably chain link, please not chain link. I will throw the difference in for the white decking type fence.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've actually been absent from the gym.
I figured I was ready to get rolling, but I can't see gyms staying open right now.

Letting gyms stay open seems to me like a really really bad idea. This whole thing is unrolling like a "slow no". If you mean no and are going to say no just come out and say no. I get that some of the actions/reactions are slowed and tempered by lack of information but a lot of it is just political cowardice.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Neighborhood rumor is people who bought moms house is putting g up a fence. Probably chain link, please not chain link. I will throw the difference in for the white decking type fence.

My grandparents' house, also the place where my family generally gathered for years and is basically the greatest place in the world, was sold this past year. I had a dream last summer that I was at the bottom of the hill, and the hedges in the front were being torn out...woke up really sad for whatever reason.

Sure enough I was told this past winter that the people who bought it tore out the hedges...likely because they're renting it out and have to put up legal barriers.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What do you mean by legal barriers?

Ha, perhaps that sounds a little extreme. They're renting it out, not building a fort.

The hedges surround(ed) a large cement porch without any sorts of railings and about a 3 foot drop off. I think to be legal to rent, a form or railing needs to be put up, which there wasn't one prior.

Kind of like how the crib I used when I was a baby wouldn't be legal now, haha.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I imagine CF is going to be real interesting for the next month or so with absolutely no sports. This is going to be the mother of all offseasons.

People will be especially crabby with the virus situation also. Already setting in, another month of this and people will be threatening to breath on each other or something.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Accomplishment for the day: Female co-worker came around earlier saying that she had something in the kitchen she thought people should try. It was barbecued beaver. Also, she had brought in some buns in case someone wanted to make a sandwich, and there were exactly two buns left.

My accomplishment: Not only did I try the beaver, but I refrained from making one of the 165 outrageously inappropriate comments that I was dying to say.

For anyone curious, it tasted very similarly to barbecued beef, but there was an aftertaste that wasn't preferable.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
People will be especially crabby with the virus situation also. Already setting in, another month of this and people will be threatening to breath on each other or something.
I keep trying to inject some humor into those threads just to try and lighten the mood.

Eventually I might start some bizarre poll, like which is your favorite toenail.

Status
Not open for further replies.